Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:31:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

OITNB S7

Started by paruses, August 12, 2019, 11:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paruses

Not sure if I have missed a thread on this.

Anyone else watching this? Have gone through half a dozen episodes more out of loyalty than enthusiasm. They have changed tack and mixed 50/50 outside and inside storylines and introduced new prison in the form of an immigration detention centre.

It's ok but they've abandoned any attempt at subtlety and it's very much tell-not-show.

Thoughts?

olliebean

Watched the whole damn thing, and am glad it's now over. The last episode was feature length and a real slog.

peanutbutter

Quote from: paruses on August 12, 2019, 11:59:59 AM
but they've abandoned any attempt at subtlety and it's very much tell-not-show.

Was there ever any?

paruses

Quote from: peanutbutter on August 12, 2019, 11:27:03 PM
Was there ever any?

Fair enough - maybe the agenda was a bit less obvious. To be honest I can't believe that there are seven seasons of it. I sort of remember the first which I assume was close to the book in that it took a different character each episode and had the posh-white-woman-in-prison theme running underneath. The others are just gone from my mind except bits of the last one which was farcical.

Quote from: olliebean on August 12, 2019, 11:18:44 PM
Watched the whole damn thing, and am glad it's now over. The last episode was feature length and a real slog.

Agree completely and they seemed to back off a lot and go for a prison is a right laugh vibe to round things off.

olliebean

Apparently they're tossing around ideas for a spin-off, in a "we don't know what the fuck there is left to do with this, but we want to do something" sort of way.

paruses

Funnily enough I was going to suggest that there was something so open ended and optimistic about the ending that it seemed ripe for exploiting into a terrible AfterMash thing.

Gulftastic

I'm not sure how the lass who plays Taystee hasn't had a look in at the Emmy's. She's been terrific throughout the whole run.

And Piper must really love Alex to turn down romps with Alicia Witt.

Captain Z

No I haven't seen Oh It's The Nathan Barley Show 7.