Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:29:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Playmobil: The Movie

Started by BlodwynPig, August 12, 2019, 05:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

I just dont. I cant. I just dont... no... i cant

Thought it was a Lego movie advert until the full horror revealed itself.

Beyond parody. No jokes please, just silent introspection and solemn resignation

Twed

The credits will form a handy list of who to exile from the industry, and the Western world.

greenman

Probably those who have already been exiled, it was this or Sherlock Gnomes to find work.

imitationleather

Loved Playmobil a few decades ago, but I suspect I may not be in the target audience for this.

DukeDeMondo

I took the wee lass to see it on Friday. Dear me.

The best you can say about it is that it's the film that people who really dislike The Lego Movie without having seen it seem to think The Lego Movie is, for whatever reason. Clearly it's the film the creative team - if you can call any sort of team that would produce something like this anyway "creative" - think The Lego Movie is, too.

Awful stuff. Rotten. A shower of bloody bucket. Throw it away. 

idunnosomename

i saw the trailer and saw they did that prolonged screaming joke every hack comedy does

also a british person

Twed

Quote from: greenman on August 12, 2019, 06:34:52 PM
Probably those who have already been exiled, it was this or Sherlock Gnomes to find work.

DukeDeMondo

At least Sherlock Gnomes had one really funny scene in. That's five or six more really funny scenes than are currently stuck inside of Playmobil: The Playmobil Movie with the Memphis blues again.

I can't remember the specifics, mind you. What it had to do with. The one really funny scene that Sherlock Gnomes had in. It was a 2D animated sequence that went about visualising Sherlock Holmes's train of thought as he thought all about something to do with a particular number. Number 6 or number 9, I think it was. Something like that. Anyway I did some laughing, whatever it was. For a minute, maybe, we'll say. Whole minute of laughing. 

BlodwynPig

Did you dab at the end of the laughnoming?

chveik

Quote from: DukeDeMondo on August 12, 2019, 09:15:47 PM
At least Sherlock Gnomes had one really funny scene in. That's five or six more really funny scenes than are currently stuck inside of Playmobil: The Playmobil Movie with the Memphis blues again.

I can't remember the specifics, mind you. What it had to do with. The one really funny scene that Sherlock Gnomes had in. It was a 2D animated sequence that went about visualising Sherlock Holmes's train of thought as he thought all about something to do with a particular number. Number 6 or number 9, I think it was. Something like that. Anyway I did some laughing, whatever it was. For a minute, maybe, we'll say. Whole minute of laughing.

and Sherlock Gnomes gave us a great running gag in On Cinema

Ferris

The angry birds sequel was being heavily advertised throughout Gatwick airport I noticed

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 13, 2019, 02:10:36 AM
The angry birds sequel was being heavily advertised throughout Gatwick airport I noticed

Engineered distraction for the plebs retreating from reality. I dont blame them but i hope they realise they are being neanderthaled.

Chriddof

I loved Playmobil as a kid, many years ago. I would have hoped that a movie based on it would have had a certain 60s / 70s-esque Euro charm to it, with an additional humorous British flair like Eric Thompson's dubbing of The Magic Roundabout. But of course it wouldn't be like that now, why on earth would it? This is the 21st Century, where everything is tired and shit. I was a fool to even entertain the idea.

Replies From View

Quite frankly any form of person that lacks functioning knees isn't worth my attention or empathy.

And if the Playmobil people in this film do have functioning knees they are going against the original ethos of Playmobil, which is to lack knees at every turn so that each step looks like their pants have been shitted in.

madhair60

Chollis

Ferris

K'nex was great, do they still make it? I think I preferred it to lego

Chollis

Pull the other one Ferris, K'nex was only for child prodigies.

Ferris

Quote from: Chollis on August 13, 2019, 11:56:37 AM
Pull the other one Ferris, K'nex was only for child prodigies.

Good for making catapults to fire paper pellets at the other younglings. If this makes me a former prodigy, then so be it.

Replies From View

The only interest I have in twisted fires is putting a Playmobil person on one until they have melted away.

momatt

Nah, this film is good.
You lot are just jealous.

Icehaven

Why does Playmobil even exist? Is it for kids young/stupid enough to try and eat Lego?

BlodwynPig

Quote from: icehaven on August 14, 2019, 02:32:54 PM
Why does Playmobil even exist? Is it for kids young/stupid enough to try and eat Lego?

Lego is the centrist dad of bricks

purlieu

I think this might be the single most blatant cash-in movie I've ever come across. Who the fuck green lit it?

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Playmobil was always the crap alternative to Lego. And so it remains.

Dex Sawash

In america, playmobil is very eurochic and mostly solid in boutique toy stores run by doctor's wives. One of those things from europe that is smart, good and healthy, like nutella.

Replies From View

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on August 15, 2019, 10:44:02 AM
Playmobil was always the crap alternative to Lego. And so it remains.

I don't even remember Playmobil having any kind of construction element.  Wasn't it just figures, vehicles and playsets, all pre-made?

beanheadmcginty

Even as a nipper I always assumed that Playmobil was just for the daft kids.

Replies From View

Quote from: Dex Sawash on August 15, 2019, 11:40:16 AM
In america, playmobil is very eurochic and mostly solid in boutique toy stores run by doctor's wives. One of those things from europe that is smart, good and healthy, like nutella.

It's a kind of Sylvanian Families?