Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:20:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Do NOT Laugh at this Man's Hair!

Started by Blumf, August 12, 2019, 10:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blumf

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49318050
QuotePolice in south Wales have warned people who have mocked the hairstyle of a wanted drug dealer that they could find themselves facing prosecution.

A mugshot of Jermaine Taylor, 21, from Newport, was published by police on Facebook after he breached his licence conditions.

Welll... um... at least he has hair.

idunnosomename

I feel there's a really obvious pun there like HAIRRATE but no thats crap. i dont know.

wait what. prosecution for making fun of a bald cunt. what PC hell do we live in

sponk

Wasting their time prosecuting trolls online when they could be going after the real criminals like rapists, murderers and his barber

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 12, 2019, 10:40:01 PMwait what. prosecution for making fun of a bald cunt. what PC hell do we live in

I must admit that was my first reaction, but to be fair:

QuoteOn Monday, Gwent Police said: "We're really grateful to everyone who is assisting us in locating Jermaine Taylor, and we must admit a few of these comments have made us laugh.

"However, when the line is crossed from being funny to abusive, we do have to make sure we are responsible and remind people to be careful about what they write on social media."

bgmnts

QuoteWe're really grateful to everyone who is assisting us in locating Jermaine Taylor, and we must admit a few of these comments have made us laugh.

It's basically that "get out" scene in The Office innit?

Also, people from Newport should be mocked on the hour, every hour.

jamiefairlie

Bit sad that slagging somebody off is treated like a real crime.  A bit more reading on this uncovered this from the Met website ....

"Not all hate incidents will amount to criminal offences, but it is equally important that these are reported and recorded by the police."

Why are the police concerned with incidents that are not crimes? Slagging someone's haircut is not a crime so why are they involved?

"Evidence of the hate element is not a requirement.  It would be enough if another person, a witness or even a police officer thought that the incident was hate related."

Evidence is not required. So if anyone, not even just the victim, decides it's hate then it's hate. So I slag his haircut and some non-involved busybody objects then, without any evidence whatsoever, I could be officially involved in a 'hate' incident.

PlanktonSideburns

Not even a particularly funny haircut

jamiefairlie

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on August 12, 2019, 11:06:08 PM
Not even a particularly funny haircut

What if his deepest desire was to have a funny haircut, hmmm? You unfeeling hate-filled bastard!

Officer! Officer! He did it, it was him! He's one of them haters i read about!

Sebastian Cobb

BlodwynPig

Alberon

Less PC gone mad, more PCs gone mad.

It's not our fault if we laugh at that hair. He styled it that way. It's entrapment!

shiftwork2

Getting a 'Twat' on Saturday.  Will post pics.

Blumf

I think he's just a dedicated F1 fan

Still got a way to go

Dex Sawash

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Blumf on August 12, 2019, 10:08:37 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-49318050
Welll... um... at least he has hair.

Scanning for sarcasm. It's clean. But remember, sticks and stones may break your bones but the wrong word on the internet will land you in jail.

Dilbert's boss has hit rock bottom.
Keith Flint's legacy will never die, insists tribute act
Man who asked for mohawk in Welsh gets it very, very wrong.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: jamiefairlie on August 12, 2019, 11:04:29 PM
Evidence is not required. So if anyone, not even just the victim, decides it's hate then it's hate. So I slag his haircut and some non-involved busybody objects then, without any evidence whatsoever, I could be officially involved in a 'hate' incident.

Well a lot of crimes are interpretive. That was never grievous bodily harm, it was actual bodily harm, if that.

Blumf

biggytitbo

Can't help feeling the headline doesn't really match the content. It goes from "you might be prosecuted for making fun of this man's hair" to the police themselves saying they found some of the jokes funny. If it was truly something that could be 'criminally offensive' (whatever that means) I doubt that would be the case.

They police wouldn't be saying "well we found some of the anti-semitic comments funny, but don't go too far now!" would they? I reckon the chief inspector is bald.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

God is large?
God is long?
God is leg?
God is ledge?
Legend God?

Zetetic

Quote from: jamiefairlie on August 12, 2019, 11:04:29 PM
Why are the police concerned with incidents that are not crimes?
To prevent crimes, at a guess.

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on August 13, 2019, 03:36:02 PM

God is large?
God is long?
God is leg?
God is ledge?
Legend God?

God is love, supposedly. Money can buy you many things but it apparently can't buy you a tattoo artist who can write properly.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I really wish that Formula One was still dangerous like when people died every other week, if only because it would mean that Lewis Hamilton wouldn't be doing it. He'd be doing something that suited him more, like being an estate agent in Stevenage. Formula One used to be populated with the sort of people who would pilot Spitfires during the war. Men with moustaches. Now we've just got this personality vacuum.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on August 13, 2019, 05:09:21 PM
I really wish that Formula One was still dangerous like when people died every other week, if only because it would mean that Lewis Hamilton wouldn't be doing it. He'd be doing something that suited him more, like being an estate agent in Stevenage. Formula One used to be populated with the sort of people who would pilot Spitfires during the war. Men with moustaches. Now we've just got this personality vacuum.

And the accidents are the only interesting thing that happens.

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on August 13, 2019, 05:09:21 PM

He was on the news the other week saying he really felt for people with terminal diseases now because he'd had the flu.

José

priti patel wants people 'avin a giggle on social media to feel ABJECT TERROR. boris pledges 20,000 new cyberpolice officers to crack down on jokes etc etc

PlanktonSideburns

Blumf

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 13, 2019, 05:47:10 PM
And the accidents are the only interesting thing that happens.

Apart from the hairstyles.