Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:31:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Do NOT Laugh at this Man's Hair!

Started by Blumf, August 12, 2019, 10:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

They probably meant some comments about his hair are racist, let's be honest. Would be easier if they just said that so people can't moan about political correctness.

Well, they would. But at least it would be racists doing it, and racists gonna racist.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on August 13, 2019, 05:09:21 PMI really wish that Formula One was still dangerous like when people died every other week...

Well it's killed two people in the last six years (albeit one as the result of a testing accident) so it's not exactly risk-free.

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on August 13, 2019, 05:09:21 PM...if only because it would mean that Lewis Hamilton wouldn't be doing it. He'd be doing something that suited him more, like being an estate agent in Stevenage.

Be careful what you wish for, as it seems that the moment he retires he's going to start a music career.  He's already been laying down tracks -- no pun intended -- in private, and indeed there was a rumour a while back that he's already released something under an assumed name.

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on August 13, 2019, 05:09:21 PMFormula One used to be populated with the sort of people who would pilot Spitfires during the war. Men with moustaches. Now we've just got this personality vacuum.

Don't make me post a picture of Vettel from a few months back when he had that hideous moustache!

I do get what you're saying though, but tbh the current grid seems less personality-vacuous than it has in a good few years.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 13, 2019, 05:47:10 PMAnd the accidents are the only interesting thing that happens.

Oh I dunno, have you seen the last four races?

Birdie

I don't know, he's always been a pretty funny poster.

Replies From View

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on August 13, 2019, 08:07:55 PM
Well it's killed two people in the last six years (albeit one as the result of a testing accident) so it's not exactly risk-free.

Statistically more risky than Apollo moonlandings when you think about it.

Icehaven

Given that last time I checked (I've never checked) hairstyles weren't a protected characteristic, I can't see how slagging off someone's barnet on social media could ever legally constitute a hate crime, so I can only imagine some of the jokes have included more traditionally offensive terms/insults etc.

I might be wrong though and Gwent police might actually be interested in pursuing people going ''haha hair!'' on the internet, in which case it's no wonder the likes of young Jermaine there remain at large, it's much easier to get your prosecution stats up when the perps have kindly typed out all the evidence you need and broadcast it on a publically accessible platform for you. ''We're sick of running round after these bloody muggers and drug dealers irl, and besides it's pissing it down, can't we just browse Twitter for a bit and grab a few spurious 'hate' crimes?''