Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:13:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Alan Partridge Travelogue

Started by Tony Yeboah, August 13, 2019, 04:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unless you personally know someone who was killed by a speeding vehicle, shut up about it you buzz kill narc.

If you do, my sympathies.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ha Lan Pa har tridges Scissored Iiiiiiisle

phantom_power

Surely most driving scenes in films and TV series don't have the actor actually driving do they? Aren't they on some sort of rigged camera truck?

the

Quote from: phantom_power on September 09, 2019, 09:38:38 AMSurely most driving scenes in films and TV series don't have the actor actually driving do they? Aren't they on some sort of rigged camera truck?

It's common to use a low loader, but it's worth noting that a most (if not all) of the in-car Partridge scenes in IAP (plus that one in KMKYule) were done with Coogan driving. Maybe it's more natural for him to act (and improvise) Partridge driving if he is actually driving.

Also loads of driving-and-improvising in the The Trips, of course.

phantom_power

Quote from: the on September 09, 2019, 09:48:18 AM
It's common to use a low loader, but it's worth noting that a most (if not all) of the in-car Partridge scenes in IAP (plus that one in KMKYule) were done with Coogan driving. Maybe it's more natural for him to act (and improvise) Partridge driving if he is actually driving.

It is a pretty weak defence though, given he could use a low loader. "Your honour, I might not be able to give quite as good a performance if I can't drive"

the

Quote from: phantom_power on September 09, 2019, 02:09:04 PMIt is a pretty weak defence though, given he could use a low loader. "Your honour, I might not be able to give quite as good a performance if I can't drive"

Just to be clear, I wasn't saying that that forms his defence - I was just speculating on the artistic decision behind him driving for real in the past. I've paid no attention to what's happened to him recently.