Author Topic: Alan Partridge Travelogue  (Read 3029 times)

Re: Alan Partridge Travelogue
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2019, 06:44:49 AM »

Unless you personally know someone who was killed by a speeding vehicle, shut up about it you buzz kill narc.

If you do, my sympathies.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

• Are we human? Or are we toilet
    • http://jackanderton.jamendo.net/
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2019, 06:47:04 AM »
Ha Lan Pa har tridges Scissored Iiiiiiisle

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2019, 09:38:38 AM »
Surely most driving scenes in films and TV series don't have the actor actually driving do they? Aren't they on some sort of rigged camera truck?

the

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2019, 09:48:18 AM »
Surely most driving scenes in films and TV series don't have the actor actually driving do they? Aren't they on some sort of rigged camera truck?

It's common to use a low loader, but it's worth noting that a most (if not all) of the in-car Partridge scenes in IAP (plus that one in KMKYule) were done with Coogan driving. Maybe it's more natural for him to act (and improvise) Partridge driving if he is actually driving.

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2019, 10:17:36 AM »
Also loads of driving-and-improvising in the The Trips, of course.

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2019, 02:09:04 PM »
It's common to use a low loader, but it's worth noting that a most (if not all) of the in-car Partridge scenes in IAP (plus that one in KMKYule) were done with Coogan driving. Maybe it's more natural for him to act (and improvise) Partridge driving if he is actually driving.

It is a pretty weak defence though, given he could use a low loader. "Your honour, I might not be able to give quite as good a performance if I can't drive"

the

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2019, 03:28:45 PM »
It is a pretty weak defence though, given he could use a low loader. "Your honour, I might not be able to give quite as good a performance if I can't drive"

Just to be clear, I wasn't saying that that forms his defence - I was just speculating on the artistic decision behind him driving for real in the past. I've paid no attention to what's happened to him recently.