Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,584,361
  • Total Topics: 106,754
  • Online Today: 1,132
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 06:19:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cauliflower ere

Started by Norton Canes, August 14, 2019, 11:45:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Canes

...but not now.

QuoteBritain is experiencing a cauliflower shortage after extreme weather killed off much of this year's crops.

Heavy rainfall in June destroyed crops in Lincolnshire, and alternative European supplies wilted in last month's heatwave.

Cauliflower prices have soared and some farmers have suffered financial losses after the destruction of their crops.

The shortages were described as "very concerning" by a spokesman for the Brassica Growers Association.

Other brassica - including cabbage, broccoli and Brussels sprouts - are also in short supply

Thanks the BBC for making each sentence a separate paragraph, I have trouble reading multi-sentence paragraphs. Anyone gonna miss their brassies? It'll be a shame not to have roasted broc with a Sunday dinner.

king_tubby

Fucking love cauliflower, me. This news is worse than WW2 x Brexit.

Lordofthefiles

Typical, I've only just taught myself to make cauliflower cheese.
Fuck Brexit.
*fuming*

Flatulent Fox

It's a good thing I already panic buy cauliflower and have a load in the deep freeze,but I wish I had this guys skills at this sad time >>>>>
                                                                                                                                    #

Peter Glazebrook, and his wife Mary, national judges from the Giant Vegetable Society crowned one of Peter's prize white brassicas - a monster at 60lb and 6ft across - the biggest cauliflower ever!

Dex Sawash

Sometimes cauliflower doesn't taste very good

Jerzy Bondov

Quote from: Flatulent Fox on August 14, 2019, 11:56:43 AM
It's a good thing I already panic buy cauliflower and have a load in the deep freeze,but I wish I had this guys skills at this sad time >>>>>
                                                                                                                                    #

Peter Glazebrook, and his wife Mary, national judges from the Giant Vegetable Society crowned one of Peter's prize white brassicas - a monster at 60lb and 6ft across - the biggest cauliflower ever!
This is all leaf. Like someone tells you they've got a big nob but they've just got loads of pubes.

Norton Canes

I dunno, there's a lot of glans there too.

Jittlebags

I guess we'll have to substitute steak for cauliflower when making a cauliflower steak. Ditto with rice.

Bennett Brauer

That guy's doing a great impression of Frank Bough's cocaine face.

idunnosomename

i hate cauliflower. garbage fruit.

shiftwork2

Twit 2

If you've never put roasted cauliflower in a curry you're a cunt.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Cauliflower is meh, definitely fine, edible, but have consumed this dozens of ways and never thought 'jesus wept this truly is the flavour and texture experience I was lacking in my life'. Including romanesco cauliflower, that fractal fucker.

pancreas

It's no Jerusalem artichoke, I'll give you that.

Twit 2

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 14, 2019, 01:16:34 PM
Cauliflower is meh, definitely fine, edible, but have consumed this dozens of ways and never thought 'jesus wept this truly is the flavour and texture experience I was lacking in my life'. Including romanesco cauliflower, that fractal fucker.

Quote from: Twit 2 on August 14, 2019, 12:57:09 PM
If you've never put roasted cauliflower in a curry you're a cunt.

Blumf

Can't we just bleach some broccoli?

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Dex Sawash on August 14, 2019, 12:02:58 PM
Sometimes cauliflower doesn't taste very good

When you put it in your mouth?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Replies From View

The joke is on them as I already pay an extortionate amount on cauliflowers, by purchasing them in needlessly overpackaged and tiny portions, combined with fragments of broccoli.  So when these new bumper prices hit the supermarkets I will simply sidestep into buying normal cauliflower at the same price!