Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:18:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Reserved seats in multiplexes

Started by holyzombiejesus, August 14, 2019, 07:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

Went last week to my reserved seat and ordered nachos from the app. They brought a pizza box full of nachos (right to my seat) that somehow remained incredibly crunchy and loud. Had my fill and discarded them before the trailers were over though.

Edit- a group came in and were trying hard to find their seats IN THE FRONT ROW ffs

Sebastian Cobb

My cinema has a bar and barely any snacks because as adults we can go two hours without eating.

Dex Sawash

I only got the nachos to infuriate CaB. Normally I pound 1 or 2 rolled up cold cheese slices from the NY pizza place in the same shopping center as I walk to movie. Alfredo's house pies were just about to come out of the oven.

checkoutgirl

For some people eating a big pile of shit is part of the cinema experience. I suppose if you get junk food a certain amount of times in a row then after a while you'd be salivating Pavlov style as soon as you see a cinema, even if you'd just eaten possibly.

I associate cinemas with beer so I'm rarely completely sober watching a film.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: checkoutgirl on August 16, 2019, 12:30:48 PM
I associate cinemas with beer so I'm rarely completely sober watching a film.

And me, usually always have a pint and even have a 'cinema local' that I go to when killing time before a film / before getting the bus home.

Icehaven

Quote from: Wet Blanket on August 16, 2019, 09:38:20 AM
It's not so much the where is the seat as the who's sitting near you that makes the new thing of making you pick a seat before you go in such a ballbag. I much preferred going in, getting the lay of the land and choosing a spot based on that - gaggle of teenagers, sit far away from; tall man in top hat, sit in front of etc.

Yep exactly. Either I've finally become too irritable or people have become too irritating for me to go to the cinema at all anymore, but the only thing worse in the cinema than being stuck near someone who can't stop talking, sniffing, using their phone, noisily eating and drinking or who forgot to leave their newborn at home is not being able to move because you'll end up in someone else's seat. Fair doos you can wait until a bit into the film then move if there's still empty seats, but you're probably already pissed off by then and as others have said, there's still no guarantee you're not going to have to move again when your seat is claimed by some tardy bastard.

Replies From View

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on August 16, 2019, 10:16:40 AM
Why do people need to reserve a seat? Just get there on fucking time or a bit early and you can have your pick. Reservations just encourage lateness.

Because turning up "on time / early" in this situation means sitting through about twenty minutes of adverts.

It's bliss to be able to skip that shit and know I'll still have a good seat waiting for me.

If I turn up five minutes before the film I will consider that "on time".  Ten minutes before, I'm "early".  Nobody should feel obliged to be captive for twenty minutes of advertising.

imitationleather

I don't think there's any approach to this scenario (or any scenario involving members of the public) which won't enrage CaB so it's best to just stay at home.

Dex Sawash

What kind of cunt just stays home?