Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:56:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Do you reckon Morris has ever been offered an OBE?

Started by Thomas, August 14, 2019, 10:48:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas

He hasn't the mainstream presence of Iannucci and his more recent projects, but Chris Morris is hugely influential in Comedy Land, and watery little entertainers have been decorated with the Empire's trinkets for far less.

I'm certain he'd reject it out of hand, of course; but for all we truly know he might be a raging centrist who loves the Queen.

A bit awkward when The Day Today was the only news programme who reported that time the Queen had a fight with John Major.

Shaky

I would seriously, seriously doubt it. Maybe if he'd stuck with the Beeb and gone down a more mainstream route, but impossible to imagine the powers that be watching anything from Brass Eye onwards and thinking, "Yes, let's draw more attention to this."

EBGB

I would LOVE it if turned out someone in the Civil Service had had the cojones to put him on a list of suggestions, but yeah, I don't think it'd get any further up the chain, & would definitely be turned down if offered.

His brother's got one, though.

BlodwynPig

He wouldnt turn it down. He'd accept and as Bald William puts sword to shoulder, he'll turn to camera, his lip will curl and pronounce in a gargled tone "i'm establishment now" before forcing his neck through the blade, head tumbling to carpet, his mouth mechanically mouthing "in blue jaaaaaam"

princeps

I tell ya' what, he is a Knight in my realms, the big fuckin Lad :)

H-O-W-L

Quote from: princeps on October 06, 2019, 01:55:31 AM
I tell ya' what, he is a Knight in my realms, the big fuckin Lad :)

I BET HE IS YOU DIRTY OLD BOLLOCKS