Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:23:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The most enduring CaB things

Started by madhair60, August 15, 2019, 08:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

I can't remember who made it but the Literal Movie Posters rendition of The Invention of Lying, "Jumping Cunt" has absolutely replaced the real title of that movie for me, it's just gone. I think about it often. "In a world where everyone can only tell the truth... he's just invented the lie! JUMPING CUNT"

Genious.

Which CaB things have endured?

Noodle Lizard

Dozens of phrases from here have entered my own lexicon over the years, usually pejoratives:  "shit for cunts", "get in grave", describing something as "AIDS" etc.  I also find myself Google searching my way back to old threads when they pop into my head for some reason.  The 'Derek' threads, 'Bleak Facebook statuses' (which gave us the brilliant Dimly Lit Meals For One) and your very own Batman reimaginings.

Just the other week I was going back through poo's "Poetry recital" thread.  A thread on a forum created a full album's worth of splendidly horrible music.  This place has spawned some outstanding content, idiosyncratic as a lot of it may be, and I'm very grateful for its existence.

touchingcloth

Did you know that you can sing "he's a chauncified fuck-noodle with a cunny up his rect" to the tune of "Glory Glory Hallelujah"?

My brain does and I wish it didn't.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Some of my favourite CaB memes are those that lay dormant for months or even years, retaining their potency.

The most enduring CaB thing will probably still be Eight Taiwanese Teenager's mid-00s mobile phone camera image of the tube during the 7/7 attacks, as that was on the front page of national newspapers.

madhair60

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 15, 2019, 10:44:34 AM
The most enduring CaB thing will probably still be Eight Taiwanese Teenager's mid-00s mobile phone camera image of the tube during the 7/7 attacks, as that was on the front page of national newspapers.

Oh yeah, that was fucking funny

Twit 2

All the grotty stuff. Shit, piss, drugs and death. Probably the very best stuff on here is written about arses and actual human shit.

Jerzy Bondov

Cerys

Saying 'dead soon' when someone in a TV programme, film, game or real life shows any signs of impending injury or illness.

Blinder Data

I hate self-regarding self-satisfied celebration of in-jokes usually but really this place deserves something like Encyclopedia Dramatica to list all the jokes/memes. Too many funny things getting lost.

I do wish someone has got tags saved somewhere. Coronation Street, DVD commentary and that time someone's mum fell down some stairs threads had some real doozies.

Ray Travez

The Jacket Potato Story. What a cracker that was!

Ray Travez

Quote from: Blinder Data on August 15, 2019, 11:52:34 AM
I do wish someone has got tags saved somewhere. Coronation Street, DVD commentary and that time someone's mum fell down some stairs threads had some real doozies.

The tag that's always stayed with me is "Watching your shirty Linehan in public". Can't give credit as I don't know who posted it.

Chollis

Quote from: Blinder Data on August 15, 2019, 11:52:34 AM

I always lose it at so you go and you fall on your own and you land on your own

Janie Jones

Just checking, then, it's ok for us to celebrate catchphrases and in-jokes but we sneer at mumsnet doing the same? (Cf recent AIBU thread)

dr_christian_troy

I know that the tags eventually had to go because of issues they were causing technically (I believe?), but I really do miss them.

Twit 2

Quote from: Janie Jones on August 15, 2019, 12:21:10 PM
Just checking, then, it's ok for us to celebrate catchphrases and in-jokes but we sneer at mumsnet doing the same? (Cf recent AIBU thread)

Well, ours are better...

As above the wank house is unforgettable, as is Doomy Dyer's Camden toilet visit.

It's such a shame the tags are gone, it was 50% off the laughs here. The one I'll always remember is "Cox going in and out (of consciousness) after Jo Cox was murdered, extremely sick and funny in equal measures

Bazooka

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 15, 2019, 10:44:34 AM
Some of my favourite CaB memes are those that lay dormant for months or even years, retaining their potency.

Please link. X

madhair60

Quote from: Janie Jones on August 15, 2019, 12:21:10 PM

Yes, it's absolutely fine.

Cerys

Quote from: Chollis on August 15, 2019, 12:07:47 PM

I always lose it at so you go and you fall on your own and you land on your own

I like to think that it's what she would have wanted.

non capisco

"The pants were obviously a write-off. They were pants in name only."

madhair60

I think "it's my actual arse" will become one.

Quote from: non capisco on August 15, 2019, 01:40:43 PM
"The pants were obviously a write-off. They were pants in name only."

Yes, killer line.

holyzombiejesus

One of Serge's favourites. I think he mentioned it every time I met him.

zomgmouse

QDRPHNC

Personally I never get tired of the old school CHECK OUT THIS DUNCE.

Norton Canes