Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:33:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The most enduring CaB things

Started by madhair60, August 15, 2019, 08:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancreas

With apologies to Neil for some inclusions: Clowne, Desolation, Generous Seagull & friends, Legend Gary (even though it's not my favourite), Ronalado, Wimblewrong, castro diaz (when not talking about his kids), Space Cunts, most of Torso's output.

Honourable mentions for Puffed Siadin and the menacing of people's accounts.

Noonling

A think that always sticks in my head (along with the Abandoned House Wank Loft) is the argument over "another thing/think coming".

I also get "There's Nothing Wrong with Buggering Boys" in my head far, far too much thanks to CaB.

Chollis

"Septic nonce" is one of my favourite insults

Sherringford Hovis

Mr_Simnock

has no one mentioned waspies wife?

Quote from: Janie Jones on August 15, 2019, 12:21:10 PM
Just checking, then, it's ok for us to celebrate catchphrases and in-jokes but we sneer at mumsnet doing the same? (Cf recent AIBU thread)

Laughin that an acronym might be a 'catchphrase' or an 'in-joke'! Then I thought about RRR and totally owned myself! :S

Blue Jam

That time I spotted Shaun Murphy and my brain immediately went: "Oh look, it's AIDS!"

I also often describe things which are Shit For Cunts as "S pedwar C" and refer to seagulls as "cuntbeaks".

Twit 2

The 3 word coinages (all Shoulders'?) are highly memorable and applicable:

Shit for cunts, get in grave, cunt of death.

Fuck off cunt. Get in grave is mine.

Blue Jam

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Twit 2 on August 15, 2019, 06:03:26 PM
The 3 word coinages (all Shoulders'?) are highly memorable and applicable:

Shit for cunts, get in grave, cunt of death.

Was shit for cunts me? Not sure that was either.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Janie Jones on August 15, 2019, 12:21:10 PM
Just checking, then, it's ok for us to celebrate catchphrases and in-jokes but we sneer at mumsnet doing the same? (Cf recent AIBU thread)

I don't remember sneering at mumsnet for that but I feel like I have missed out and quite want to get stuck into it. I have no idea who they are as people but my guess is totally inferior life over burns victims and probable fringe-sector biowaste

weekender

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 15, 2019, 06:31:58 PM
Was shit for cunts me? Not sure that was either.

Perhaps they were all responses to something you posted, and that's how you became to be associated with them?

H-O-W-L

This forum is very much responsible for me adding "cunt" to almost every sentence.

I miss waspy, great poster and really sound guy.

imitationleather

garbed_attic

the thread about the murderous traveller and his horrible kid comes into my head unbidden at times - oddly not particularly funny, just vividly drawn

touchingcloth

Do people have a particular poster who they bamlem for most of their favourite CaB things?

Kryton

Quote from: gout_pony on August 15, 2019, 07:50:27 PM
the thread about the murderous traveller and his horrible kid comes into my head unbidden at times - oddly not particularly funny, just vividly drawn

Was only thinking about that yesterday funnily enough, then much later another poster getting upset becaused it 'stereotyped' gypsies.

garbed_attic

Quote from: Kryton on August 15, 2019, 07:56:34 PM
Was only thinking about that yesterday funnily enough, then much later another poster getting upset becaused it 'stereotyped' gypsies.

I mean... I don't think anyone came out of the original post smelling of roses.

I will admit that a film adaptation would have to be very delicately judged however!

alan nagsworth

[banned troll] mentions The Goodies.

Extra thanks to non capisco from back when we had tags for the Bloodhound Gang parody of "Mom and dad, this is TC. TC, this is my mom and dad / Now mention them Goodies". Every time that springs to mind - at least once every couple of months - it has me in fucking bits. Laughing heartily just typing this.

Also the argument about whether Goofy is a dog or a cow.

chveik

oy vey

Anyone got a snap of the Little and Large...Extraordinary tags? I actually read some of Sid Little's autobio for shits and giggles. Always a sign of a great thread when you find yourself doing fucked up shit you would never think of otherwise.

Captain Z

Seems like a good place to ask, where did "Ball lightning bouncing off a strut" come from? In Brass Eye its "Blue light bouncing off a strut" but I see it mis-quoted this way all the time.

Puce Moment

My wife and I always refer to The Apprentice as 'cavalcade' after someone on here many years ago described it as a "cavalcade of cunts."

I'm pretty sure it wasn't the first use of the term, but it was the first time I had ever read it.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Puce Moment on August 15, 2019, 11:03:05 PM
My wife and I always refer to The Apprentice as 'cavalcade' after someone on here many years ago described it as a "cavalcade of cunts."

I'm pretty sure it wasn't the first use of the term, but it was the first time I had ever read it.

In a similar vein, I always remember "gas this house of cunts" from a thread I can barely remember about a flat share in Bristol. I think it was fully "someone please gas this house of cunts immediately."

Thursday

I believe it was doctor christian troy that originally wrote "Please gas this house of cunts" in a big brother thread, and because of the way tag attribution worked, if you posted the same tag elsewhere, the original tagger would get credit for it. So someone would post the tag where it was horrible and inappropriate and he would look like the cunt.

jobotic

I got "neckbeard" from here. Its perfect.