Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:17:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone ever had a coronectomy?

Started by WesterlyWinds, August 15, 2019, 05:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WesterlyWinds

One of my wisdom teeth needs sorting out and its grown in a way that means the root is very close to an important nerve. This means straight removal, while possible, is higher risk than normal and could cause permanent nerve damage (surgeon says 0.02% risk, but the published research suggests far higher numbers and with broad ranges of risk - none of which are that low!).

The surgeon has suggested an alternative to complete removal would be a coronectomy - basically they leave the root alone and drill off the crown (the bit above the gum line). This has a lower risk of nerve damage, but obviously the root might end up moving anyway. This could move it away from the nerve (hooray) or even towards it (boo).

Think I'm leaning towards coronectomy, despite the lack of research following up on patients beyond two years. Has anyone ever had this done? Quite keen to avoid having a numb lip and tongue for the rest of my life...

shiftwork2

Congrats on having a dental procedure that I've never heard of, let alone had.  And I've had 'em all.

Can you do without your corona that's what you need to ask yourself!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Sounds like the first option was better tbh are u thick lol

Dex Sawash

What angle are yours at?

I had my top two pulled, but the bottom two have been causing problems and my dentist has offered to refer me to a surgeon for one that is causing bother. Both are partially erupted but one is causing the gum to be perpetually swollen and sometimes bleeding.

I have to tend to the cunt with a tiny brush and use medicated mouthwash otherwise the entire region smells like plague. Think mine are angular impacted and I'm inclined to take the option to get it drilled out.

pancreas

Are you sure they didn't say 'colorectomy'?

madhair60

JUST-A ONE CORONECTOMY, GIVE IT TO MEEEEEE

Blinder Data

"If in doubt, take it out!"

Hope this helps