Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,476
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:41:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Conor McGregor decks an old geezer

Started by Terryfuckwit, August 15, 2019, 07:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: sponk on August 18, 2019, 01:45:41 PM
The sort of man you'd be praying would turn up at your door if you called a police if your house was being burgled

No, i'd just shoot you in the kneecaps

Cuellar

The sort of man you'd be praying would turn up at your door if you called a police if your house was being burgled

Like at the end of A Room for Romeo Brass innit.

Dannyhood91

Quote from: checkoutgirl on August 17, 2019, 12:21:24 PM
I'm not his biggest fan either but he's worth about 50 million squid. How is it all going to shit exactly?

He might fall down a well. You can't predict the future.

Cuellar

Quote from: checkoutgirl on August 17, 2019, 12:21:24 PM
I'm not his biggest fan either but he's worth about 50 million squid. How is it all going to shit exactly?

His soul is void

wooders1978

Stipe just did the same thing and everyone's pleased with him

Cuellar

jobotic

You're right. If I was burgled I'd want some coked up loose canon hard man to come over and deck me.

sponk

Quote from: jobotic on August 18, 2019, 08:50:24 PM
You're right. If I was burgled I'd want some coked up loose canon hard man to come over and deck me.

Have you ever made anyone laugh?

jobotic

I don't know but you have made someone cry.

The most distressing thing about this episode is that the "old man" who got punched is fifty, i.e. several years younger than me.

cliggg

Conor has admitted he was wrong which is rare for him but then he also says he was "baited" which is unsurprising from him. He is likely more worried about his brand more than anything else but at least he is aware of how much of a twat most people think he is these days.

In the interview, McGregor expressed regret for his actions in April, when he struck the man in an ugly incident. The former two-division UFC champion came clean and took full responsibility for his "unacceptable behavior" in that incident.

"I was in the wrong," McGregor said. "That man deserved to enjoy his time in the pub without having it end the way it did. ... I tried to make amends and I made amends back then. But it doesn't matter. I was in the wrong. I must come here before you and take accountability and take responsibility. I owe it to the people that have been supporting me. I owe it to my mother, my father, my family. I owe it to the people who trained me in martial arts. That's not who I am. That's not the reason why I got into martial arts or studying combat sports. The reason I got into it was to defend against that type of scenario."

The Gardai, Ireland's national police, are investigating the incident at The Marble Arch Bar on April 6, a spokesperson confirmed with ESPN last week. The Gardai does not comment on named individuals. McGregor said he would accept any consequences.

"Whatever comes my way, I will face it," McGregor said. "Whatever comes my way, I deserve it. I will face this head on. I will not hide from it. I was in the wrong. It was completely unacceptable behavior for a man in my position."

The pub punch was McGregor's second run-in with the law in as many months. McGregor was arrested and charged with smashing a man's cellphone and stealing it outside a Miami club in March. Those charges were dropped in May. McGregor admitted he was in the wrong with regard to that situation, as well.

"I need to just stop reacting to the bait," McGregor said. "People are trying to bait me into things. Am I the fish or am I the whale? I must be calm, I must be zen. I must lead by example. There's so many people looking up to me. How can I react in this way? I need to get a hold of this and, like I said, I'm working very hard to do this."

McGregor, 31, is the biggest star of the UFC, having been a part of four of the top pay-per-view events in promotion history. He also fought Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match in 2017, a bout that earned him upwards of $50 million, he has said. In the interview with Helwani, McGregor expressed concern that his current lifestyle will squander the fortune he has made in combat sports.

"So, if I have this opportunity before me, if I don't execute this and get this right, make this happen for the children of my children's children, all of my successes, all of everything I've achieved will be void, will be meaningless to me," McGregor said. "I must get this right and I must not go down that path, the written path, the cliché of the fighter that has it all and ruins [it]. I need to be aware of my past, of the past of other individuals, and learn from it and grow and that's what I'm doing."

McGregor said he's "eager" to return to the UFC. He's currently recovering from surgery on a broken left hand he suffered in May. The original plan was for him to return in July possibly against Justin Gaethje at Madison Square Garden, McGregor said, but the hand injury prevented that. A fight before 2019 is over is a possibility, he said.

For a comeback bout, McGregor said it doesn't matter who he faces. He mentioned former rivals like Khabib Nurmagomedov, Nate Diaz, Dustin Poirier, Jose Aldo and Max Holloway, as well as possible new foes like Tony Ferguson, Frankie Edgar and Gaethje. McGregor said he is in a good position as far as negotiations with the UFC. A stake in the company is no longer a "sticking point" for his return, but it remains something he wants.

McGregor said he took inspiration from Diaz's win over Anthony Pettis at UFC 241 last weekend in Diaz's first fight since losing to McGregor in 2016. McGregor also mentioned Stipe Miocic's ability to overcome his knockout loss to Daniel Cormier and finish Cormier at UFC 241. The Irishman said he yearns for his own chance to make a triumphant return after his loss to Nurmagomedov at UFC 229 in October 2018.

"Mine is gonna be the greatest one of all," McGregor said.

In March, McGregor announced on Twitter his retirement from the UFC. In the interview, McGregor said he is anything but retired -- and he's not sure he ever will hang up the gloves. At the moment, it seems like McGregor's primary focus is getting back in the Octagon.

"I must get my head screwed on and just get back in the game and fight for redemption, retribution, respect -- the things that made me the man I am," McGregor said. "And that's what I will do."

BlodwynPig

I admit I was in the wrong and will continue to do so for every future occasion when I'm in the wrong, including the future murder of an innocent member of the press who was goading me, and the rape of a fan who was gagging for it.

oy vey

Christ, he's thinking of having great grand-children.

marquis_de_sad

Quote"I was in the wrong," McGregor said. "That man deserved to enjoy his time in the pub without having it end the way it did. ... I tried to make amends and I made amends back then. But it doesn't matter. I was in the wrong. I must come here before you and take accountability and take responsibility. I owe it to the people that have been supporting me. I owe it to my mother, my father, my family. I owe it to the people who trained me in martial arts. That's not who I am. That's not the reason why I got into martial arts or studying combat sports. The reason I got into it was to defend against that type of scenario."

This is like an acceptance speech or something. Just stop doing so much coke, Conor.

madhair60

I would love it if his face got eaten. I'd love to see footage of that moment when he realises teeth have completely broken through and that he will be disfigured for the rest of his life. I think that's the only thing that would be just, nothing else seems adequate.

cliggg

So only a few days after Conor's public display of contrition (he was baited, the poor soul) he tweeted then quickly deleted what appears to be a threat to the 2 sons of a boxer in Dublin. Luke Keeler publicly called him a scumbag for punching the old man which Conor didn't take kindly to. I'm attactching a picture of the tweet along with some WhatsApp conversation between the 2 of them. Bobby Messett & Paul Kavanagh are 2 people who were killed in gang related incidents this year in Dublin and given Conor's gangland links I can only see this as him threatening the man's kids. Scummy cunt.

Mobius

sevendaughters

he's just so tawdry. like tawdriness compressed into a person. in 20 years time he'd rather control the lives of 3 people and a couple of blocks of real estate than see the world.