Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 10:51:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The first two Peter Kay stand up videos

Started by madhair60, August 16, 2019, 11:20:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hummingofevil

Quote from: Replies From View on August 16, 2019, 01:38:26 PM
That Peter Kay Thing is a showcase of Steve Coogan and Graham Linehan's creative talents and they never returned after that.

FTFY

Goldentony

Series 2 of Phoenix Nights is a wackier stepdown, but then again it has the IT'S A TWENTY FOOT COCK AND BALLS MAN IT DONT LOOK LIKE NOTHIN ELSE scene

idunnosomename

that was terrible and was his step down from genuinely empathetic pastiche into woeful Little Britain gross-out nonsense.

lest us forget Britains Got the Pop Factor shit and his trans-shaming stuff in that

Goldentony

but the set up!

it's not how it looks [said atop a bouncy castle with a fucking huge cock and balls]

IT'S NOT HOW IT LOOKS? ITS A TWENTY FOOT COCK AND BALLS MAN! IT DONT LOOK LIKE NOTHING ELSE!

Bennett Brauer

"We can't have kiddies jumping up and down on a... love-length" was funny though.

That PN episode where some guys do line dancing in cowboy clothes, then a western-style bar-room-brawl type fight kicks off, was funny.

Jockice

I've always been suspicious of Peter Kay since he said that he laughed when John Noakes started crying as he was talking about the death of Shep on television. I didn't like that at all and don't know who he was trying to impress. Sounded like some insignificant little prick at school trying to prove how hard he is.

DrGreggles

Didn't Kitson say that Kay changed somewhere between the 2 series of PN and became a massive cunt?
Pretty sure they always got on before that.

He used to do a good mail-order catalogue.

Goldentony

Quote from: Phoenix Lazarus on August 19, 2019, 06:38:37 AM
That PN episode where some guys do line dancing in cowboy clothes, then a western-style bar-room-brawl type fight kicks off, was funny.

THEY'VE GOT GUNS

up_the_hampipe

Get yer hands up, motherstickers! This is a fuck up!

neveragain

His two autobiographical books are very good too, especially the second which focuses on touring.

Tony Yeboah

Quote from: neveragain on August 20, 2019, 04:16:33 PM
His two autobiographical books are very good too, especially the second which focuses on touring.

Richard Herring loves the first one http://www.richardherring.com/warmingup/4/1/2010/index.html

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 19, 2019, 09:48:40 AM
Didn't Kitson say that Kay changed somewhere between the 2 series of PN and became a massive cunt?
Pretty sure they always got on before that.

That's right, yes. I saw him talk about Kay on stage years ago, and he said he enjoyed working with him on That Peter Kay Thing and he liked the first series of PN. He was dismayed by the standard of PN series 2, but by the time he got round to reading the scripts he'd already agreed to appear in it (presumably because he thought it would be as good as series 1). He's never appeared on TV since.

SteveDave

And in the commentary for series 2 when Daniel Kitson appears Peter Kay says "There he is...the bastard"

petril

Quote from: SteveDave on August 20, 2019, 05:26:49 PM
And in the commentary for series 2 when Daniel Kitson appears Peter Kay says "There he is...the bastard"

and then Paddy McGuinness repeats the punchline in a high voice