Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 10:59:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Massively Short Notice Impromptu CaB Mini Meet Up In Hull

Started by Lisa Jesusandmarychain, August 16, 2019, 07:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Have decided to go to the Fast and Bulbous Festival being held at the world famous Hull Adelphi Club this very weekend, at, as hinted at in the title of this 'ere thread, the very last minute. Will be in Hull all this weekend. One or two of you cunts live within those environs, don't you? Anyone up for a meet - up? C'mon, biggytitbo, jump on a train and get yerself down to the place where Larkin spent many a year- a - Larkin'! You know you want to!

biggytitbo

A tempting offer to be sure but I'm afraid I have to insert my face into a propeller that day.

BlodwynPig

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 16, 2019, 08:17:30 PM
I'll be there

I look forward to exchanging our frank  Brexit views with each other over a foaming pint of Godber's Old Patronising To The Working Class Types in  The Polar Bear before we repair to Humberside's very own Indie Stadium for a weekend of gratifying gig- going. Are you bringing the missus, too ?

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Right, I'm in Hull now.

Gosh, Hull's not a very good city, is it?

Twit 2

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

I always liked to think that Rutland was my spiritual home. Still, that's a whole county, and I shouldn't be greedy.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

None of you cunts who live in Hull want to meet me, then ? Well that's fucking charming, that is. Thank you * very * much, I must say.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I don't live in Hull, but the centre, marina, old town and the old fish market area have been spruced up a lot since I was younger.

Probably got one of the densest area of good pubs in the UK too. Lion & Key, Fretwells, WM Hawkes, Blue Bell, Black Boy, White Hart, George all within 2 mins of each other.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

White Hart's  a grand old pub, yeah. Went in there earlier today for half a soda water, nice to see it hadnae changed at all since I was last in there 26 years ago.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink/food-hygiene-hull-east-yorkshire-3220564.amp

QuoteThe full list of places with zero or one food hygiene ratings in Hull and East Yorkshire

A zero hygiene rating means urgent improvements are necessary

Bright light city gonna set my colon gonna set my colon on fire