Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,317
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:14:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Do you woof or wolf food down?

Started by The Boston Crab, August 17, 2019, 01:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm not going to embarrass the poster who just said woof some food down because my wife used the same phrases the other day and I laughed and said I think it's wolf the food down. We agreed that we understood where we were both coming from but we also decided to carry on with our own individual correct phrasing. Forgot to look it up and now determined not to so I can throw it out here.

I don't care what's the right way, I wanna know what YOU think it is.

mjwilson

If you think it's "woof" then you've got another think coming.

alan nagsworth

"Woof" is something that comes out of the body, not goes in.

I don't do either though because I'm not part of the large taxonomic family called Canidae, which also includes coyotes, foxes and jackals, according to the Integrated Taxonomic Information System.

NoSleep

TBC is chomping at the bit for your answers, with baited breath.

alan nagsworth

checkoutgirl

It's wolf naturally. The other day my mate said that the back storage compartment of a car is a booth and he never realised it before until he was told recently. I said no it's boot. Then I explained that the front piece is the bonnet which is a word for a hat or headgear and thus it made sense that the other end was the boot. He was happy with this.

Another guy said effing and jessing as in cursing or swearing. Again I corrected him, it's effing and jeffing. Apparently he thought jessing meant saying Jesus in vain.

Horses fuck horses, innit? People who think it's woof down your food are less inquisitive I would say. It makes no sense.

Sebastian Cobb

Wolf.

You know those cretins that mix curry and rice into a big homogeneous mess before shovelling it in their horrid mouth? That's me that is.

I eat silently though, that's the important thing.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: The Boston Crab on August 17, 2019, 01:12:07 PM
I'm not going to embarrass the poster who just said woof some food down because my wife used the same phrases the other day and I laughed and said I think it's wolf the food down. We agreed that we understood where we were both coming from but we also decided to carry on with our own individual correct phrasing. Forgot to look it up and now determined not to so I can throw it out here.

I don't care what's the right way, I wanna know what YOU think it is.

Your imaginary kids are gonna be a fukin nightmare if you keep this liberal woolly minded atidude to right and wrong. They will divide you and conquer you

Ambient Sheep

Wolf.

Quote from: checkoutgirl on August 17, 2019, 02:02:57 PMThen I explained that the front piece is the bonnet which is a word for a hat or headgear and thus it made sense that the other end was the boot.

Obvious thing I've only just realised...

Gurke and Hare

At the risk of not quite towing the line and going slightly off topic: everyone thinking that the past tense of lead is lead. It's led.

Blumf

Quote from: alan nagsworth on August 17, 2019, 01:36:28 PM
"Woof" is something that comes out of the body, not goes in.

Could you "woof" out a fart?

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on August 17, 2019, 04:21:38 PM
At the risk of not quite towing the line and going slightly off topic: everyone thinking that the past tense of lead is lead. It's led.

Unlike "read".

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Blumf on August 17, 2019, 04:54:17 PM
Could you "woof" out a fart?

My arse has certainly barked in the past.

flotemysost

An otherwise reasonable and intelligent friend still insists it's 'taking [something] for grantage'. Mate. Not even a real word.

I've also heard someone at work saying 'it's all park and parcel', although in fairness that's an annoying Nan phrase anyway and deserves to be wronged.

I personally ciao down my food. Unless I can't be asked.

José

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on August 17, 2019, 04:21:38 PM

that's right. a past tense of lead would be heavier. because lead is heavier than feathers.

popcorn

Glebe

I warewolf down food.

Groan, that was a HOWWWWWLLLER!!!

NoSleep

Do you buy it at a discount werehouse?

Quote from: mjwilson on August 17, 2019, 01:28:57 PM
If you think it's "woof" then you've got another think coming.

Can you be more pacific?

Beagle 2

You're just trying to carry favour off you're own back.

Replies From View

Can't be arksed with this, I tell you

Paul Calf

I do neither. I savour my food because I am fucking posh orright?

thenoise

My Dad says that their dog 'woofs' down her food, which I always assumed was a deliberate joke - obviously it's 'wolf down'.

What is it if it's a wolf hurriedly eating?  "Wolf down" doesn't work.  It's like rhyming a word with the same word.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Darles Chickens on August 21, 2019, 10:37:57 PM
What is it if it's a wolf hurriedly eating?  "Wolf down" doesn't work.  It's like rhyming a word with the same word.

Wrong
Shut up
Fuck off

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Sorry I just want to retract that and apologise as it's clear who fucking absolutely earth's core gives a grave