Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:31:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Owen Jones attacked [split topic]

Started by king_tubby, August 17, 2019, 04:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetetic

Or surreptitiously thrown a bread roll at someone.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Quote from: Autopsy Turvey on December 06, 2019, 12:19:06 AM
Norman!

French! Gothic architecture doesn't come from Normandy. Though, to be fair, it has nothing to do with the Goths either - if you want to be super-technical.

Old Nehamkin

And now, the extremely surprising conclusion:

https://amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/17/man-found-guilty-of-aggravated-assault-against-owen-jones?__twitter_impression=true

Man found guilty of aggravated assault against Owen Jones

QuoteA man has been found guilty of aggravated assault against the Guardian columnist Owen Jones because of hostility to his leftwing political views and homophobia, following a two-day trial at Snaresbrook crown court.

Anne Studd QC, the presiding judge, concluded at the end of the hearing that Jones was the victim of a "wholly unprovoked assault" outside a central London pub last August because of "his LGBT and his leftwing beliefs".

The defendant, James Healy, 40, had "far-right" views, Studd added, as evidenced by a collection of memorabilia found at his Portsmouth home, including items with logos or mottos from far right group Combat 18, white supremacist groups and hooligan groups associated with Chelsea football club.

QuoteOne item of memorabilia found in Healy's home featured a "sun cross" – a white supremacist symbol – used by White Pride Worldwide with the "whatever it takes" motto of Combat 18 and "lead the way" used by the banned Loyalist Volunteer Force. Another said "Chelsea FC, no asylum seekers" .

The collection also included a black flag, bearing a "totenkopf" deaths head symbol, used by the Nazi SS, and the letters CYF, standing for Chelsea Youth Firm, a hooligan group associated with the west London football club. Healy had a tattoo associated with the group on his right arm, the court also heard

Cerys

Quotebecause of hostility to his leftwing views and homophobia

The Guardian - second only to the BBC when it comes to coherent writing.

marquis_de_sad

Quote from: Cerys on January 18, 2020, 01:48:10 AM
The Guardian - second only to the BBC when it comes to coherent writing.

That's hilarious.

BritishHobo

Can't wait for all the apologies on Twitter. I'll set up a little camping chair and wait; it shouldn't be long.

Johnny Yesno

https://pressgazette.co.uk/owen-jones-court-campaign-of-abuse-man-denies-attack-homophobic/

QuoteThe defendant has said he did not know who Jones was, claiming he assaulted him because he barged him inside the pub, spilling his drink, and did not apologise.

A proportionate response to something that didn't happen, I think we can all agree.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: BritishHobo on January 18, 2020, 07:14:34 AM
Can't wait for all the apologies on Twitter. I'll set up a little camping chair and wait; it shouldn't be long.

At least that far right apologist cunt on page one of this thread has fucked off.

jobotic

I'm sure they'll all be admitting they were wrong. Because it was a genuine mistake, not an attempt to get the lies out there quickly and attack the attacked.

Phil_A

QuoteIn his evidence, Healy denied holding extreme right-wing views and said the items found at his home were mementos from his time in the Chelsea Youth Firm when he was younger.

"I'm a hoarder. I never throw anything away – I just had them all that time tucked away in the back of a drawer."

Sounds perfectly reasonable, keeping a bunch of right-wing memorabilia lying around the house because you just never know when that stuff will come in handy, do you? We've all done it!

idunnosomename

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 29, 2019, 07:38:59 PM
I've updated the original post in case it causes any issues. Probably a couple of typos by the Guardian.
heaven forbud!

That was an accident but im leaving it

idunnosomename

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on January 18, 2020, 07:56:08 AM
At least that far right apologist cunt on page one of this thread has fucked off.

lmao i forgot about Nigel Farage potentially traumatised by the thought the milkshake that hit him might have been acid