Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,470
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 04:45:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Starting a new job tomorrow

Started by Jasha, August 18, 2019, 10:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasha

what should I do to make a good impression?

Noddy Tomkey

Seek out the biggest man and knock him out, they'll be eating out of your hand after that.

Rizla

just do the ones you are best at. or mix it up, do Rigsby saying all of e.g Frank Spencer's catchphrases, that would be good.

shiftwork2

Congratulations on starting a new job tomorrow.  It's a great opportunity to develop your career.  My advice is to go in hard.

Nowhere Man

Do a few of your best impersonations of Michael Caine, Corbett, Brucie etc Sure to impress then. JUST DONT DO THE SAVILLE ONE

Birdie

Bring cupcakes.

That's a thing these days I understand.

touchingcloth

Update your LinkedIn with details as soon as you've started and make sure to at least share if not produce some content in the form of articles or blogs that you can promote on the platform as it's one of the best ways to power your career to the next level.

Small Man Big Horse

I always try to hide my true personality. There's been many a time about six months in to a job where someone's said "You're not the person I thought I was hiring at all. But I do still want to have sex with you". And then we had sex. And it was very, very nice.

Absorb the anus burn

Quote from: touchingcloth on August 18, 2019, 11:20:55 AM
Update your LinkedIn with details as soon as you've started and make sure to at least share if not produce some content in the form of articles or blogs that you can promote on the platform as it's one of the best ways to power your career to the next level.

Or try and wait till you get home to do a smelly shit.

Cuellar

Turn up late and say 'Thanks for waiting' when you arrive. Makes you seem POWERFUL.

idunnosomename

shave your bumcrack. so no bits of shit get stuck in your hairy arse.

jobotic

Offer everyone a cigarette. If there are any ladies light theirs for them.

imitationleather

Don't have more than one bottle of wine on your first morning.

Take a shit in the breakroom when nobody is looking (make sure there are no security cameras). The office will be so distracted by the mystery that nobody will even pay attention to your work for the first couple weeks as you ease in.

Emma Raducanu

Ask whose cock you have to suck to get a decent cup of tea around here.

græskar

Cut your hand and work the whole day while bleeding to show your stamina and dedication. A recession is coming and only the fittest will survive.

Sebastian Cobb

I started a new job a while back. My surname starts with 'row' and can be pronounced like the ruck or like what you do with a boat and when my new boss asked how it should be pronounced I answered with 'I dunno'.

Jockice

Piss all over your desk. Mark your territory.

Ham Bap

Take out the biggest one there with a snooker ball in a sock and scream "IM THE DADDY NOW".
They'll respect you after that.

Quote from: Jasha on August 18, 2019, 10:43:58 AM
what should I do to make a good impression?

Put on a beret, and go 'Mmmm, Betty,' in a high nervous voice.

Glebe

The Lurker

Enjoy yourself, enjoy the moment and - most importantly - just don't be fucking shit, alright?

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 18, 2019, 02:27:57 PM
I always try to hide my true personality. There's been many a time about six months in to a job where someone's said "You're not the person I thought I was hiring at all. But I do still want to have sex with you". And then we had sex. And it was very, very nice.

I once had a boss say to me "You're not the same person you were in the interview." We didn't have sex though. What did I do wrong?

I was going to say "Yeah, I know, I got my twin brother to do the interview for me" but I thought that would make matters worse.

shiftwork2

How did starting a new job tomorrow?

We want an analysis of rivals, fancyables, future "it's a shit business" mates, everything really.  You should have all this in the bag by now.

touchingcloth

Did you do the LinkedIn thing? Let me know if you want more tips or someone to cast an eye over your profile to check for common errors :)

Mr Farenheit

Put framed photographs of 3 different aged children on your desk.

When someone asks, 'oh are those your kids?' say, 'nah, I just like kids.'

A week later swap them for photographs of different children.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: The Lurker on August 19, 2019, 02:38:25 AM
I once had a boss say to me "You're not the same person you were in the interview." We didn't have sex though. What did I do wrong?

Did you wear clothes to work? If so that's a pretty huge mistake to make.

weekender

Brain can't answer until brain knows what the new job is.

#weekendernotautistic

Jasha

Quote from: shiftwork2 on August 19, 2019, 06:03:53 PM
How did starting a new job tomorrow?

We want an analysis of rivals, fancyables, future "it's a shit business" mates, everything really.  You should have all this in the bag by now.

So far I've had £412 on the firm but for that I do have to spend the week in Gloucester for an induction, boss reeling off all the dodges he's previously had with the company credit card (usually to obtain more alcohol)