Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:07:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

hold onto your sides it's the ten funniest fringe jokes!

Started by madhair60, August 19, 2019, 09:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 19, 2019, 11:13:29 PM
it is a fucking tired lazy joke that reinforces misconceptions about a mental illness and I'm amazed Dave promoted it as the number one gag. Did no one even fucking think?

WHY DID THEY EVEN THINK IT WAS PARTICULARLY FUNNY

IT'S FUCKING CRAP

I don't fault them for not expecting such a dumb little pun to cause such offence. But I do fault them for choosing such a dumb little pun as the best joke of the ENTIRE Fringe!

Sin Agog

Quote from: kalowski on August 20, 2019, 09:42:42 AM
It's brilliant. It reminds me of when I told my daughter this old joke:A few days later I told her the surreal subversion: which she thought was hilarious.
But then she told the second version to her friend without the first version, and her friend just didn't get it at all. (They're both 21 8 years old).
Without the first version the second one doesn't work.

That's my dad's second favourite dad joke after, 'I fell asleep with my head under the pillow.  The next morning I woke up with a mouthful of money and no teeth.'

zomgmouse

The marshmallow subversion I've heard was "I had a dream I was eating a giant marshmallow and when I woke up my giant marshmallow was gone"

Jockice

I'm sure my dad's looking down on me now. He wasn't condescending, he's just dead.

kalowski

Other than, say, Tim Vine, whose whole schtick is these one liners, do all these "comedians" just try similarly punning gags? Fucking awful. Give me an imaginative or even a real narrative routine any day of the week.

idunnosomename

I think Tim Vine is genuinely great at quick-fire puns and quite clever and subversive. All of these are hack shit.

Well, the Eton one is ok

JamesTC

Quote from: Noel JamesI co-wrote the joke

Desolation.

hummingofevil

The irony is there is a joke in Rosie Jones' show that absolutely destroys all of these but written down it probably comes across as deeply disablist.

hummingofevil

Quote from: olliebean on August 20, 2019, 11:30:31 PM
Turns out that winning offensive-to-people-with-Tourette's joke isn't even original: https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2019/08/20/44102/that_vegetable_joke_isnt_fresh%21

How can anyone laugh a Heinz-sight joke? Christ. What the deal then? Think of a random food then a pun off it? Ok. I'll go first.

Mini cheddars.

Off you go all. Prize for best.

Bennett Brauer

I would like you to donate my prize to charity. The Human Fund.

phantom_power

Quote from: icehaven on August 20, 2019, 11:23:20 AM
But it wasn't Blondie/Debbie Harry who had the heart of glass, it was whoever they were singing about.

That is the same for pretty much all of his song "jokes" though. Not only unfunny but ill thought out as well

Tony Yeboah

It sounds a bit cheesy but I have a collection of obscure headed goals. Mi' niche headers.

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: olliebean on August 20, 2019, 11:30:31 PM
Turns out that winning offensive-to-people-with-Tourette's joke isn't even original: https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2019/08/20/44102/that_vegetable_joke_isnt_fresh%21

"It was also used the same year on a vegan forum, and on a parody MySpace account mocking Big Brother contestant Patrick Barnett." Which made me laugh far more than any of the jokes.

McFlymo

Quote from: madhair60 on August 19, 2019, 09:45:54 AM

3. Milton Jones
"What's driving Brexit? From here it looks like it's probably the Duke of Edinburgh."

Quote from: Cuellar on August 19, 2019, 05:03:35 PM
It's perilously close to one of Andy Dawson's bits on Mince, mind.

"Do you think Blondie still has that heart of glass? I mean it was etc. etc."

I don't get these two, can someone help me?

Also, I offer to the altar of Shite Jokes(tm) ....

"I've been trying to quit smoking, but it's making me swear at people in public: Nicorettes."

Terryfuckwit

Quote from: McFlymo on August 21, 2019, 11:59:04 PM
I don't get these two, can someone help me?

Also, I offer to the altar of Shite Jokes(tm) ....

"I've been trying to quit smoking, but it's making me swear at people in public: Nicorettes."

First one is cos the duke of Eddy had a car crash recently. I also want to know what the second one is, cos I also don't get it

How many Andy Dawsons does it take to change a light bulb?

It's a trick question. He's too busy desperately scrabbling for something funny to say and, anyway, he can't even climb on a chair because he's a fat fucking cunt.

phantom_power

The second one is a shit comedy conceit that Andy Dawson keeps doing on Athletico Mince where he takes a thing from an old song and "wonders" if the artist still has or does that thing, often despite that thing not belonging to or happening to the person in question. Thankfully he doesn't really do it much any more. Does UB40 still have a rat in their kitchen? Are Duran Duran still hungry like the wolf? Are Bananarama still guilty of love in the first degree? You get the (terrible) idea

McFlymo

Ah ok. I get it now. A bit shit. Although the Joz Norris "free cow" one feels a tiny bit more creative, because the misquoting aspect...

It made me laugh, but mostly because I was a bit slow on the uptake and when I got it, I was like "aaaaaaaah" ...