Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:00:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Workplace Look-alikes [split topic]

Started by George White, August 18, 2019, 09:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George White

There's a bloke in the IFI who looks insanely like a young Dudley Sutton (with a soupcon of John Hallam).

Just realised my aunt Nelly isn't far off Ruth Gordon. 

timebug

Once worked with a bloke who was the double for a guitarist in a band.(Judas Priest, I think, but don't hold me to that!) We were all unaware of this, until one day one of the clerical support staff brought in a magazine with said musician on the cover. After that he got quickly sick of all the references we could dredge up, although none of us were actually fans of that band!

Dr Trouser

Bloke at the funding council is the spit of Andy Daly

Alberon

I got told years ago that I looked like Oscar Wilde and his picture was up in the staff room for ages. There's something to it, but I expect I'd get rejected even by Susan Scott's agency.

paruses

Currently working with a slightly shorted Stephen Merchant. Mannerisms too. Very off putting. I will call him Stephen at some point. No one else has mentioned it at all.

Cuellar

You know who looks like Stephen Merchant? Greta Thunberg. I don't work with her though.

paruses

Currently working with a much taller Greta Thunberg. Mannerisms too. Very off putting. I will call him Greta at some point. No one else has mentioned it at all.

DrGreggles

Inspector Norse

Is there anyone here who works at a Lookalike Agency?

Egyptian Feast

We had a bloke working in our HR department until recently who looked the spit of 'Jake The Peg' era Rolf Harris. I've forgotten his name now, so he'll always be Young Rolf in my memory.

Konki

Geezer I work with looks like Donald Duck.

Noddy Tomkey

Currently we have;

Dewey from Malcom in the Middle
Marvin Gaye
Rodney Dangerfield (22yrs old, poor sod)
Ernest Borgnine (that one's a woman)

Puce Moment

Worked with a woman who was preposterously similar to Sandy in the TV Show Monkey. She was one skull necklace away from a non-lucrative and disastrous look-a-like career.

Dex Sawash

Quote from: Inspector Norse on August 19, 2019, 03:00:18 PM

I work at a place that looks like one

Twed

I look at a place that works like one

petril

Quote from: Inspector Norse on August 19, 2019, 03:00:18 PM

I do, not really seen anyone at work that I could mention in this thread, innit

Twed

Worked with somebody who looked and sounded so much like Kunt (and was also a funny, charming fucker) that I even asked around here if anybody knew what Kunt's day job was (I couldn't ask him myself, it was years later)

pigamus

Quote from: Noddy Tomkey on August 19, 2019, 07:05:30 PM
Ernest Borgnine (that one's a woman)

+1 karma and I really hope you're joking.

Jittlebags

I once worked at a factory where the bloke in accounts was the spit of Pierluigi Collina. Fucking scary he was.

hamfist

I work with a bloke who looks just like Rob Delaney.

In fact, it's me.

Worked at an airport.  Most of the planes were the spit of Barry Manilow.

George White

Quote from: pigamus on August 20, 2019, 12:30:32 AM
+1 karma and I really hope you're joking.
I imagine she'd look like Eileen Way.

kalowski

I used to look like Jarvis Cocker and now I look like Toby Jones.

Cuellar

I used to work with a GUY that look exactly like Christine Lagarde

Glebe

Shopplace rather than workplace, but I have tried to identify your "squashed Ruth Madoc" auntie who apparently works in my local Dunnes Stores, George. I think I may have spotted her, but it could be another small, middle-aged shop assistant.

Paul Calf

I work with a bloke who looks and sounds exactly like Alan Leach, the drummer from Shed Seven.

Egyptian Feast

I've just been copied on an e-mail by a guy who looks like Neil Hamilton twenty years ago if Neil Hamilton twenty years ago spent all the cash in the brown envelopes in Gregg's.

Konki

It had been bugging me for a while but I finally realised, only the other day, that my line manager looks like Adam Driver. I haven't mentioned it to her though.

Gulftastic

I used to work with a bloke who looked like the Dad from the Chinese family in that Father Ted episode, except white. This was way before Ted, when the actor was in 'Preston Front'.

The bloke from my work was called 'Stan', so that Chinese actor was always known as 'China Stan, China San, looks like Stan but a China man.'

Sherringford Hovis

Did Stan's duties involve milking a cow?