Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,495
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 06:06:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

David Cameron's legacy

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 19, 2019, 12:14:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fambo Number Mive

It does feel like everyone has forgotten that if it wasn't for this man, we wouldn't have had Brexit. I'd also argue that his close involvement in the Remain campaign turned a lot of people off Remain.

He was also responsible for the worst austerity since the 1990s which harmed hundred of thousands of vulnerable people.

Yet hardly anyone seems to mention him. The FBPE crowd never bring him up on Twitter. Is it because he is one of them?

Personally I think he is worse than May. The UK was far better off in 2010 than when Cameron led office. He never called for better financial regulation when he became Leader of  the Opposition and austerity and the Brexit referendum were political choices.

May was an awful PM but I think Cameron was worst, the worst since Thatcher.

Johnson will be the worst of all time.

bgmnts

He will be trivia fodder in under a decade, yet he did one of the most reckless things a politician has ever done, surely? Its amazing how these utter cunts are just allowed to play with millions of lives just for their own amusement.

greenman

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 19, 2019, 12:14:16 PM
Yet hardly anyone seems to mention him. The FBPE crowd never bring him up on Twitter. Is it because he is one of them?

Pretty much, I mean the same thing we see isn't it? the issue is just a political football to avoid a shift to the left at all costs.

This is a culture that gambled the company pay roll for years and then suddenly claimed to have an epiphany when they lost the lot.

idunnosomename

remember when he stuck his willy in a dead pig's head though

Cuellar

Quote from: bgmnts on August 19, 2019, 12:19:20 PM
He will be trivia fodder in under a decade

He should be pig fodder. He should be fed to pigs.

Jittlebags

He'll always be remembered for spending over 2 years in a shed - wanking.

greenman

Quote from: Jittlebags on August 19, 2019, 02:08:14 PM
He'll always be remembered for spending over 2 years in a shed - wanking.

His best work.

imitationleather

The Coalition years are already being rewritten as an era of "sensible politics" when the country was run by "adults".

A lot of the country seems to react well to being lectured by smooth-faced posh boys. It's a sickness.

Fambo Number Mive

A lot of middle class people didn't care about austerity as it only affected other people. No one can buy there way out of Brexit.

If Cameron hadn't called a Brexit referendum most of the FBPE people would have loved him but he'd still have been a terrible Prime Minister because of austerity.

Cuellar

Apart from the #lads buying Maltese citizenship or wherever

Zetetic

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on August 19, 2019, 05:47:07 PM
No one can buy there way out of Brexit.
This won't be true, in practice.

QuoteIf Cameron hadn't called a Brexit referendum most of the FBPE people would have loved him but he'd still have been a terrible Prime Minister because of austerity.
No, I don't think this is accurate. The aftermath of Brexit is what is improving the New Tory image, despite their involvement in bringing us to this point. (Take this more widely if you like - the British manifestation is peculiar but still part of broader phenomenon.)

The contrast with May, Johnson and so on highlights their social liberalism, their espoused broader multicultural vision of society, their vague commitment to some sort of technocracy, and downplays their commitment to 'austerity' (since this largely remains, certainly in practice so far).

To the middling sort this, understandably, does make them more attractive in retrospect.

Goldentony

pigfucking condom full of red sand who ran a political party made up 100% of total, total fucking cunts who kidnap kids

Fambo Number Mive

Do you mean that the Tory years before Brexit look better in comparison to what is going to come? Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by the second point.

Zetetic

They can be contrasted, at least in image. The ways that they differ emphasise broadly centrist-positive attributes.

oy vey

Quote from: bgmnts on August 19, 2019, 12:19:20 PM
He will be trivia fodder in under a decade, yet he did one of the most reckless things a politician has ever done, surely? Its amazing how these utter cunts are just allowed to play with millions of lives just for their own amusement.

It's amazing how the millions let them. "Secretly they all want to be dominated" - Elizabeth Urkhart, House of Cards

I'm convinced there's a part of all of us that craves being a slave, to be lazily told what to do, and to invite chaos upon ourselves out of the need for something to complain about. We want assholes for leaders. It completely explains current day politics and religion. It's currently easier to complain than to create. The next revolution will be related to psychology and consciousness in general. Now if you don't mind it's almost 11 and I'd like to eat my way through a six pack of monster munch. I deserve it.