Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,395
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:46:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Zombie Tidal Wave (2019)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, August 19, 2019, 06:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

I wouldn't normally give something this naff it's own thread but it's a 2019 film so I have no choice. Anyhow, the director and star of Sharknado have reunited for another trashy SyFy flick, I actually like four of the six Sharknado's as they're over the top daft fun but this is pretty by the numbers zombie nonsense and you don't even get to see the zombie tidal wave(s) thanks to the low budget, just the after effects, which is a bit of a rip off, and it's a rare occasion where I wish I hadn't bothered watching a movie.

BlodwynPig

Bald Man Apocalypse (2020)
Bald Man Apocalypso: Caribbean Red Dome (2021)
Bald Man Acapulco: No Sombrero for Slaphead (2022)

greenman

Meta commentary of Casper Van Dean's career?

Famous Mortimer

I quite enjoyed it, partly because I've seen so many SyFy Channel movies that above-average ones are a pleasant change. Some rotten actors, filmed in Thailand but not set there, for some reason, and the special effects were totally decent (for a SyFy movie).

It's not a comedy, so perhaps if they decide to make another movie next year, they could bring the original Sharknado writer back too, instead of the random jobbers that wrote this one.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on September 24, 2019, 08:17:25 PM
I quite enjoyed it, partly because I've seen so many SyFy Channel movies that above-average ones are a pleasant change. Some rotten actors, filmed in Thailand but not set there, for some reason, and the special effects were totally decent (for a SyFy movie).

It's not a comedy, so perhaps if they decide to make another movie next year, they could bring the original Sharknado writer back too, instead of the random jobbers that wrote this one.

It's interesting you don't describe it as a comedy, I know it's not out there in the same way Sharknado / Lavantula were but I think it was intentionally daft and so just about eligible for the genre.

Famous Mortimer

I'm fully prepared to be wrong about this, but it felt much more like a "typical" SyFy Channel movie and much less like a spiritual successor to "Sharknado". There are funny moments in it, obviously, but I don't feel like it crossed the line into being a comedy. I did like it, though.

Oh, and the band being called "The Fulci's", with the unnecessary apostrophe, annoyed me. They even had a banner printed up!