Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:47:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New Matrix film

Started by Small Man Big Horse, August 20, 2019, 11:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

Quote from: mothman on August 22, 2019, 06:29:59 AM
Er, no, he isn't..?

Yeah he's not Laurence Fishdied, is he.  He's Laurence Fishborn.  It's not rocket science.

Hundhoon

i really liked the Animatrix i liked it more than the sequels, remember watching the animatrix thinking how much they had squandered the sequels, the ideas in the Animatrix were better than the gobbeldy goo in the sequels which  i barely remember.

the animatrix had about 7 or 8 different roads the story could have gone down which were all better,  they could have some more ideas up their street its just odd how disjointed  the sequels were. makes no sense.

Replies From View

Quote from: idunnosomename on August 21, 2019, 08:34:28 PM
I mean also there are loads of scenes of exposition where two people just sit/stand around and talk to each other

Not shot/reverse-shot, to be fair, but fucking boring nonetheless

Half of the running time of those sequels is just sitting/standing around talking.  Somehow they didn't bother with any scenes that would show the story, and they decided instead to go back and forth between long, empty exposition scenes with dull backgrounds and action sequences that had no purpose.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Hundhoon on August 22, 2019, 07:44:11 AM
i really liked the Animatrix i liked it more than the sequels, remember watching the animatrix thinking how much they had squandered the sequels, the ideas in the Animatrix were better than the gobbeldy goo in the sequels which  i barely remember.

the animatrix had about 7 or 8 different roads the story could have gone down which were all better,  they could have some more ideas up their street its just odd how disjointed  the sequels were. makes no sense.
I agree with this- though the only one I remember is with the athlete.

https://youtu.be/FZXgYbMWrNc it still holds up. The animation is pretty amazing.

Replies From View

The Animatrix wasn't any good either though, really.  Only in contrast to the sequels.

The whole mythology is cack to its very core - that's the slight issue that anything expanding this universe beyond the first film has had to contend with.

Plus it's basically a teenager mindset made into a franchise.  It's "this world doesn't get me and I must break out of it!" and is pretty tedious when you no longer think that way yourself.

checkoutgirl

Fuck me Replies!! Talk about a Debbie Downer.

madhair60

Just bought the Blu-Ray set that ports all the extras from that big DVD ten-discer, mad excited, then found out it doesn't come with The Animatrix. WHAT IS POINT NOT INCLUDING ANIMATRIX

Piggyoioi

My favourite one in the Animatrix is the cutting edge CGI one where they chop off each others clothes, takes a few rewatches to grapple with the meaning.

madhair60

I forget what but I saw something in the cinema that they played that before and I remember the audience being like "oh for fuck's sake - oh, sh- jesus!! Why are th-", just this mounting discomfort as they figured out it was trying to be SEXY COMPUTER TIME

Piggyoioi

Quote from: madhair60 on August 22, 2019, 10:46:25 AM
I forget what but I saw something in the cinema that they played that before and I remember the audience being like "oh for fuck's sake - oh, sh- jesus!! Why are th-", just this mounting discomfort as they figured out it was trying to be SEXY COMPUTER TIME

Its like when you reach a sex scene in a sci fi novel. I dont even see the code anymore, all I see are pale, overworked, nerdy hunched-over-a-desk males getting off on over-laboured sleaze.

Replies From View

I get all these feelings when I see the Ren and Stimpy Adult Cartoon; it's weird.

mothman

Perhaps they'll do a new Animatrix only with Love + Death + Robots-style CGI sex scenes.

Captain Z

They could always get Samuel L Jackson in instead.

olliebean

Quote from: Captain Z on August 23, 2019, 02:11:32 PM
They could always get Samuel L Jackson in instead.

Or Morgan Freeman. I hear they're tough to tell apart.

Mister Six

Quote from: mothman on August 21, 2019, 01:59:26 PM
Awkward removal/minimising of main non-white character role, removing of people from place referred to as Zion... did this amateur editor later apply his talents to Captain Marvel, perchance? ;-)

Pretty sure the main non-white character is Neo.

Boom! Ya got out-woked!

mothman

Mister Six

It just occurred to me - is Grant Morrison really fucking furious that this is happening just as his Invisibles TV show is getting traction? Given that the original film ripped off the comic...

Puce Moment

Quote from: Mister Six on August 23, 2019, 11:58:16 PMIt just occurred to me - is Grant Morrison really fucking furious that this is happening just as his Invisibles TV show is getting traction? Given that the original film ripped off the comic...

That was actually my first thought. He has been extremely gracious about the whole thing, but this is not great timing.

Mister Six

He does seem like a good egg. Hopefully the press will make this a two-way street and the Matrix sequel will boost the signal for the show.