Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:34:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

England made me

Started by Head Gardener, August 21, 2019, 02:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Torso

who the serious fuck is Nicola Roberts? Robert Wyatt lives in Lincolnshire (might not be from there though, I refuse to accrue any new knowledge about Robert Wyatt and shan't be googling it)

Jockice

Quote from: Gregory Torso on August 22, 2019, 03:16:30 PM
who the serious fuck is Nicola Roberts?

Ginger Spice. Or something like that. They all look the same you know.

Cuellar

Genuinely don't think anyone has come from Rutland.

Not just musicians. I mean anyone, ever.

purlieu

Quote from: Gregory Torso on August 22, 2019, 03:16:30 PM
who the serious fuck is Nicola Roberts?
She was in Girls Aloud.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Yeah, she was the one who always looked absolutely terrified, in a " What the FUCK am I doing here? " way. You kept expecting her to break away from the group when performing one of their catchy pop songs to assail strangers , crying " where am I ? What year is it? Who's the President? AAAAARGH! "  Didn't half put one off one's stroke when watching videos of the Girls Being Aloud group.

kalowski

Quote from: Lisa Jesusandmarychain on August 23, 2019, 07:21:35 AM
Yeah, she was the one who always looked absolutely terrified, in a " What the FUCK am I doing here? " way. You kept expecting her to break away from the group when performing one of their catchy pop songs to assail strangers , crying " where am I ? What year is it? Who's the President? AAAAARGH! "  Didn't half put one off one's stroke when watching videos of the Girls Being Aloud group.
My fat, balding, heavy drinking mate said Roberts was his favourite because, "I think I'd have a chance with her."

purlieu

"I think I'd have a chance with her"

kalowski

Don't worry, we didn't believe him.

Lisa Jesusandmarychain

Just look at the fear in her eyes. Pure FEAR, I tells ya.

Norton Canes

kalowski

Quote from: Norton Canes on August 23, 2019, 03:06:42 PM
Yeah but this is fucking great
I have the album and can't remember any of the tracks off it. Including this one.

Pauline Walnuts

Quote from: kalowski on August 23, 2019, 03:13:44 PM
I have the album and can't remember any of the tracks off it. Including this one.

Have you considered seeing a doctor about your problem?

Or do keep forgetting to get around to it?

Cinderella's Eyes was a fantastic pop album, and anyone who disagrees is wrong.

purlieu

It's a bloody fantastic album. 'Beat of My Drum' is probably one of my least favourites as the Diplo production makes it sound a touch more generic than the rest of the record, which really reflects her own slightly awkward, not-quite-a-natural-pop-star nature.

She was an easy target early on, especially for the tabloids, but she's a professional songwriter now, which means she probably makes more money than the rest of Girls Aloud these days.