Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:42:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

New series of Limmy’s Homemade Show [split topic]

Started by Blinder Data, August 21, 2019, 03:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blinder Data

New series of Limmy's Homemade Show coming out next year

Quote from: https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2019/bbc-two-edinburgh?ns_source=twitter&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_press_office&ns_linkname=corporateLimmy's Homemade Show takes DIY comedy to a new level. A cast of one, Limmy finds himself playing multiple parts in his sketches, all the while mounting the camera on a tripod to capture his unique comedy musings. Mixing sketch, song, rant, animation and visual effects, Limmy continues to comment on contemporary life in his own anarchic style.

Brian 'Limmy' Limond is one of the most distinctive comic voices to come out of Scotland. What started as an internet sensation became talked about comedy TV as Limmy burst on to the BBC with three hit series of Limmy's Show for BBC Scotland. In 2018 Limmy returned to the BBC with more of his irreverence... but this time stripped of all the bells and whistles. Limmy took hold of his HD camera and wrote, directed, edited and starred in a pilot of his Homemade Show that's now been picked up for series by BBC Two and BBC Scotland.

Limmy, who has just finished a run at the Fringe in Edinburgh, says: "I've been asked at my shows and on my streams if I've got any telly stuff coming up. I've had to lie through my teeth and say that I don't know, so I'm delighted to finally become an honest man. I can't wait to make Limmy's Homemade Show, and I hope everybody likes it as much as I'll enjoy putting it together."

Limmy's Homemade Show is a 3x30' series that will shoot this autumn and premiere on BBC Scotland in the new year with the BBC Two transmission following shortly after.

The show will be Executive Produced by Gavin Smith for BBC Scotland and Gregor Sharp for BBC Two.

thugler

Quote from: Blinder Data on August 21, 2019, 03:08:51 PM

Edit: ignore, missed the bit about shoot this autumn. Great news

Quote from: Blinder Data on August 21, 2019, 03:08:51 PM

Interesting to see that it'll be on actual BBC Two as well as just BBC Scotland.

imitationleather

Quote from: An Actual Propeller on August 21, 2019, 03:38:28 PM
Interesting to see that it'll be on actual BBC Two as well as just BBC Scotland.

I wonder what daft time-slot they'll give it. I'm going for 11.55pm on Sundays.

Quote from: imitationleather on August 21, 2019, 07:38:45 PM

It's quite funny that you wonder what "daft" time slot he'll have, his twitter username is DaftLimmy!

petril

Quote from: imitationleather on August 21, 2019, 07:38:45 PM

one where it'll be moaned about with utter ignorance that one will be able to watch it at any time after then for about a month, at least

Twed

You're a little quick to call people ignorant when you've completely missed the point about why bad time slots are bad.

New folder

Quote from: Cuntbeaks on August 06, 2019, 12:28:35 AM
A universe consisting of unfunny catchprases and increasingly desperate drivel?

Yeah, there are only SO many times you can do something ironically until it stops being ironic. Sorry lads, #Limond is #CANCELLED
I still quote his vines daily, but the man is a tired old pile of shit, who has had his mind melted by the mental illness that is Twitch streaming and Overwatch addiction.

McFlymo

"3x30' series"

Jesus, don't lose your shit too much there with your faith and enthusiasm, Mr. The Beeb! Pffftt.... <rolling eyes.gif>

Nice to see the Beeb hedging their bets by only sticking it on BBC Two, down the line and only commissioning 3 episodes.

It's good news though.

mr. logic

The one he did of this last year was completely awful. Why did he sack off his actual sketch show?

Beagle 2

Quote from: mr. logic on August 22, 2019, 05:25:35 AM
The one he did of this last year was completely awful.

Nah, it was great.

I imagine they're only doing three because he has to do everything himself.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: McFlymo on August 22, 2019, 12:08:13 AM

Nice to see the Beeb hedging their bets by only sticking it on BBC Two

Eh? Where else are they going to stick it, primetime BBC One? Limmy's shows have always been on BBC Two, it's his natural home.

Cuellar

I really enjoyed the one off Homemade Show, so I think this is good.

Captain Z

I reckon episode 1 will be the pilot from 2017 and episode 3 will be a 'best of'.

Beagle 2

Bizarre that this is the project that has finally made it to UK terrestial. I mean, it's good, but I'm convinced Limmy's Show would have been a massive mainstream success had they had some balls at the time (I guess it was anyway), whereas this is probably just going to provoke head-scratching and racist tweets from English berks.

Cuellar

Is 'getting a show on the telly' still such a touchstone of success?

Quote from: Cuellar on August 22, 2019, 04:37:16 PM
Is 'getting a show on the telly' still such a touchstone of success?

If one of your ambitions is to get a show on the telly and you end up getting a show on the telly, then I think you could, with some justification, consider that achievement a success.

kitsofan34

Based on his twitch stream from last night, Limmy said he was going to do 6 episodes but since he is quite literally doing it all himself, asked to do three instead so he doesn't "end up cracking up".

Pseudopath

Quote from: kitsofan34 on August 22, 2019, 05:09:44 PM
Based on his twitch stream from last night, Limmy said he was going to do 6 episodes but since he is quite literally doing it all himself, asked to do three instead so he doesn't "end up cracking up".

Maybe he could get a production unit and some actors to help him carry the load? Y'know...just like the show he already had.

Quote from: Pseudopath on August 22, 2019, 07:20:39 PM
Maybe he could get a production unit and some actors to help him carry the load? Y'know...just like the show he already had.

He wants to do something different. Sure, he's obviously realised that making six half hour episodes of television entirely on his own is unrealistic, but I admire his desire to experiment.

Twed

Quote from: Pseudopath on August 22, 2019, 07:20:39 PM
I bet it's less work for a person like Limmy to produce content (like he always is) than coordinate with a production team.

Quote from: Twed on August 22, 2019, 07:58:14 PM
I bet it's less work for a person like Limmy to produce content (like he always is) than coordinate with a production team.

I know what you mean, but this is scripted 'content' as opposed to him just fucking about on Twitter and Twitch for hours on end. It requires planning, rehearsal, retakes, scoring and editing. Doing all of that on your own is time-consuming and, I would imagine, fairly exhausting.

Anyway. More Homemade Shows. This is a good thing.

Cuellar

At least he can be in control if it's just him, which seems to be important for him.

That sounds passive aggressive, but it's really not.

edit: and THAT sounds sarcastic

Twed

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on August 22, 2019, 08:46:14 PM
I know what you mean, but this is scripted 'content' as opposed to him just fucking about on Twitter and Twitch for hours on end. It requires planning, rehearsal, retakes, scoring and editing. Doing all of that on your own is time-consuming and, I would imagine, fairly exhausting.
But he did all that stuff on his own with Limmy's Show anyway, and had to coordinate with a crew on top of it all.

Quote from: Twed on August 22, 2019, 08:56:27 PM
But he did all that stuff on his own with Limmy's Show anyway, and had to coordinate with a crew on top of it all.

Sure, but the cast and crew took some of the pressure off. They weren't a hindrance, they helped him to realise his vision. He can now do that on his own, but it'll take more time.

McFlymo

Quote from: Ballad of Ballard Berkley on August 22, 2019, 08:41:53 AM
Eh? Where else are they going to stick it, primetime BBC One? Limmy's shows have always been on BBC Two, it's his natural home.

You missed the bit where I said, "down the line", my point being that only having it on BBC Two a long time after it's been on BBC Scotland feels like they aren't exactly putting a lot of confidence in it. Limmy deserves to be recognised as a great, original comic talent, and a bit more faith in him (in terms of when he's scheduled and on what station etc.) would show that the Beeb are more proud of his output, which they should be!

I'm still glad it's happening, mind, just wish the Beeb would have more faith in good comedy.

jsgibble

Quote from: McFlymo on August 22, 2019, 09:33:46 PM
You missed the bit where I said, "down the line", my point being that only having it on BBC Two a long time after it's been on BBC Scotland feels like they aren't exactly putting a lot of confidence in it. Limmy deserves to be recognised as a great, original comic talent, and a bit more faith in him (in terms of when he's scheduled and on what station etc.) would show that the Beeb are more proud of his output, which they should be!

It doesn't mean anything, it's just what they're doing with all Scottish comedy at the moment. They did it with the last series of Still Game, for example.

Sebastian Cobb

Probably because bbc scotland are trying to fix their dire ratings, to the point lots of shows have had technically 0 audience share.

Just creased at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iRAgVmX2lc