Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 01:20:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2019 part II: arise King Jofra

Started by sevendaughters, August 22, 2019, 12:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

Kyle Abbott takes 17/86 in the match to enact Somerset's Devon Loch mode. Title is a straight shoot-out between Somerset and Essex, who play next week.

Sibley finished on 215*.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yeah Sibley next cab off the rank but who will have the guts to drop the underperforming dreck?

Cuellar

iamcoop

Who do we want to coach then? 

I'd like Jason Gillespie or Alec Stewart. I'm drunk though

Freddie Flintoff and the rest of the lads from Top Gear.

I dunno really, Stewart always seems a nice bloke on TMS. Hard to say whether that will translate into results.

They really should get separate one day and test coaches in but it's probably all too much effort. I reckon we need an old fashioned arse kicker for the test job. Root's reign of good humoured, banterific cricket needs stamping out with a heavy combat boot.

iamcoop

Inspector Norse

They should be pulling out all the stops to get Morgan to be player-coach of the limited-overs sides, or just accept that his back's playing up a lot and make him coach full stop.

They should then appoint a separate coach for the test side, with the brief to look for players who are specifically suited to red-ball cricket. If it has to be a former player then Hussain might be a good one, or Gillespie is proven to be a good coach if they are willing to have another Aussie. Stewart has overseen a lot of good players at Surrey but that might just be a combination of luck and resources rather than his own qualities - take a rain check on him.

That would mean paying two wages instead of one. But with all this extra dosh rolling in thanks to THE HUNDRED, that won't be a problem, right?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Not Stewart. Get the failure era cunts out, fuck off Thorpe, fuck off Ramprakash

sevendaughters

Gillespie wouldn't be a bad appointment and he lives here now. That said Sussex aren't doing much. Anthony McGrath could be about to win back to back titles with Essex, who were shite before he turned up. Outside chance of Boof? He was over here this summer.

poo

sevendaughters

Big Daz Stevens now taken 5 wickets in the rapidly crumbling Yorkshire second innings to add to his 237 in the first innings, second oldest player to do so since WG Grace.

ArtParrott

Quote from: sevendaughters on September 19, 2019, 10:11:34 AM
Gillespie wouldn't be a bad appointment and he lives here now. That said Sussex aren't doing much. Anthony McGrath could be about to win back to back titles with Essex, who were shite before he turned up. Outside chance of Boof? He was over here this summer.

On one of the Ashes debates on Sky during the last test Gillespie did say he was very settled at Sussex & Adelaide and splitting his time between Uk and Aus. Obviously that's what they always say but he does seem like quite a chilled dude and maybe not someone who's keen to dive into the England circus.

sevendaughters

Sibley up in the second dig. Warks chasing 271 off 58 overs. Currently 103/0 off 27, setting themselves up for a late dart. Sibley 55*, giving him 270 unbeaten this game. If they make it then send him his England jersey today.

poo

Called for him at the start of the summer. Are England selectors not following this forum??!! FFS!

sevendaughters

Quote from: poo on September 19, 2019, 04:12:03 PM
Called for him at the start of the summer. Are England selectors not following this forum??!! FFS!

went to the same school and from the same town as Burns, this is written in the stars!

about to notch his second century in the game, 312 unbeaten in the match.

finnquark

From a cricinfo article on the Hundred:

QuoteOne or more men's Test players may be appointed as a 'non-playing player' for The Hundred, seemingly at the ECB's discretion. They will be used in promotional material, but will not train or play.

Sorry, what?

sevendaughters

just when you think "ok, let's give it a chance, I'm so high on cricket that I'll take anything" they come up with shit like this.

mikeyg27

Quote from: finnquark on September 19, 2019, 06:40:15 PM
From a cricinfo article on the Hundred:

Sorry, what?

So... a mascot?

Fuck it, make them dress up in the giant costumes too.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

More centuries for Sibley this year than the rest of his career combined.

Not sure what to feel about that

king_tubby

Inspector Norse

Quote from: sevendaughters on September 19, 2019, 03:49:08 PMIf they make it then send him his England jersey today.

Speaking of which, Bairstow and Buttler awarded central test contracts for 2019/20.

Decision taken by, um, which head coach exactly?

sevendaughters

ECB contracts for 2019-20 (for 12 months, begin 1 October 2019)
Test and ODI/T20 contracts: Jofra Archer (Sussex), Jonny Bairstow (Yorkshire), Jos Buttler (Lancashire), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Ben Stokes (Durham), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire).

Test contracts: James Anderson (Lancashire), Stuart Broad (Nottinghamshire), Rory Burns (Surrey), Sam Curran (Surrey),

ODI/T20 contracts: Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Joe Denly (Kent), Eoin Morgan (Middlesex), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Jason Roy (Surrey), Mark Wood (Durham).

Incremental contracts: Tom Curran (Surrey), Jack Leach (Somerset).

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Buttler and Bairstow are just going to keep getting picked aren't they. 3 guaranteed lock down batting spots in the top 6 that average 35. Fucking great. YJB will never admit it, at least Jos might have the sheer decency to throw in the towel and be a odi/t20 guy.

king_tubby

I bet Liam Plunkett's poor cat has had a right shoeing this morning.

Cuellar

Give them both a knife and tell them whoever survives is the next captain. Make sure Bairstow gets the plastic one.

poo

Wonder if Jimmy's contract is more in hope than expectation.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Huh, I don't think this injury is career ending is it? I can see him bowling in New Zealand and next summer anyway

sevendaughters

Jimmy's said he isn't done and NZ should be very much his type of conditions. He doesn't even need to bowl fast anymore.