Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,585,316
  • Total Topics: 106,766
  • Online Today: 1,077
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:07:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2019 part II: arise King Jofra

Started by sevendaughters, August 22, 2019, 12:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sevendaughters

think Leach should have got a proper test contract. send him a message, make him confident, it's not like anyone is knocking on the door.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Heh, Sibley's first class average has gone from 39 to 41.55 in the space of 1 championship game.

king_tubby

I see from the Tweets that Plunkett isn't happy.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Thanks for all the mid-innings cross seam AND GOODBYE YOU FUCKING OLD CUNT

iamcoop

Nic Lyndhurst once again passed up for selection.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Any news on whether committed family man made it back to Australia safely

iamcoop

He's back safe in Australia. Where Stuart can't get to him.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Excellent, his family who love him must be relieved to know his commitment will be present in the months ahead.

iamcoop

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on September 20, 2019, 11:12:27 PM
https://www.cricket365.com/alex-bowden/which-stuart-broad-seven-david-warner-ashes-dismissals-most-enjoyable/

Pure fucking shithousery

Relive the best times

Three's my favourite as I love watching anyone get fucking castled. Hard to think of a bigger beasting from one bowler to a batter in a long long time.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Harris in the last test where the stump did a beautiful loop out of the ground was a fave, but as Harris was a vacant sack of fuck all in that series it didn't have anything riding on it particularly.

Anderson to Gambhir and McGrath to Atherton are the ones that spring to mind as rivals to Broad and Warner. Warner had done OK against Broad up to now which made this all the more surprising and enjoyable.

sevendaughters

I like the leg before where Warner puts his hand up almost to review it before the ball has gone dead.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Just watching some highlights of the 1984/85 Melbourne test vs. West Indies and the (Aussie of course) commentator, in reference to Marshall attacking the spinner used the phrase "that's the thing about these people".

sevendaughters

Christ. It was only until recently they'd advertise Pakistan tours with billboards saying THE PAKIS ARE COMING.

Just been for a walk listening to the T20 final. Not a huge fan of T20 but I really like finals day. Nearest thing we have to old Antigua test atmosphere.

iamcoop

https://youtu.be/jWN_aVZ0hQU

Still the best watch. Fucking hell man. Listening to an away series Ashes win is still one of my greatest life experiences. Will take 10/11 TO THE GRAVE with me

sevendaughters

yeah, unreal series. Cook was imperial there. His forward defensive made souls leave bodies. His strike rate through the tests remains at like 55 all the way, eerie as hell, just a man in his zone.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Just amazing listening to the remorseless fake positivity of the Aussies commentators. Shane Warne is reduced to having to talk about the Xmas presents he got for his shit kids while the stadium slowly empties of Australian fans.

sevendaughters

Muscles-era Tremlett, as brief as it was, was as joyous as healthy Simon Jones.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Yeah not as brutally pacey as Harmison but great bounce on those Aussies wickets. You can see why they brought him back even though he was in a fuckin wheelchair.

Simon Jones is still my favourite ever England bowler I've seen. Just total threat.

king_tubby

Bairstow 'person of interest in ongoing investigation' so neither him or his hard drives are allowed out to NZ.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49796580

They've got some n00bs in to do a bit of bowling in the nets and carry the drinks on, maybe one of them will get a go at fielding if Anderson or whoever gets the shits from eating a dodgy hobbit.

sevendaughters

interesting selections. Sibley was nailed on and Crawley might be a find.

The two Lancs bowlers are obviously being chosen with the future in mind, as Saqib was probably our 4th best quick (but he is actually quick) and Parkinson didn't play a lot what with 4 day cricket not being played in the summer where a leg spinner might prosper.

been watching some vids of Sibley bat. without the exaggerated tics and wild flourishes, he has a kind of Smith thing going on. moves right across and dares you to bowl at his pads.

iamcoop

Bairstow set to spend the winter working "offshore" it seems.

Inspector Norse

Mahmood is another one who seems to be there by virtue of being fast rather than being particularly good thus far, his record is unspectacular and he seems to leak a fair number of runs. Ideal replacement for Mark Wood then. Shame Ollie Stone (test bowling average 9.66) is made of dry tagliatelle.

And is Parkinson the new Mason Crane?

Strange that Foakes doesn't go as a second keeping option but on the other hand he's actually been bobbins this summer.

Otherwise Sibley and Pope are obvious calls, people talk up Crawley despite another uninspiring record, and well done to Giles/whoever for having the balls to drop Bairstow. It'll be interesting to get up at 7am and find that Boult and Southee have bowled us out for 54.

sevendaughters

just feels like Parko is on a hiding to nothing in NZ. he's a good bowler but leggies need time in the middle. he'd be better off signing up for a Ranji Trophy team.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Agreed on the above thoughts. Some of these should be playing the Lions games at least, I'd have thought? Be a chance to see if they are any cop.

What about Gregory or T. Curran, or Ball or Porter or TRJ? We seem to churn through fast medium bowlers like no one's business.

sevendaughters

slightly anti-climactic end to the season and the career of Trescothick. would love to have someone like him aged 24 now. near 44 test average and never moved his feet.

rjd2

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Great stuff, thanks for the painful memories and goodbye

Archer might go down next but he is 21st century's Hercules so probs not

king_tubby

Kirsten to replace Bayliss, eh? Might help with the batting...