Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:46:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2019 part II: arise King Jofra

Started by sevendaughters, August 22, 2019, 12:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thursday

Oof just over a week now. I know it won't be the same, with the timing of the matches, but still. The best thread is coming back.

sevendaughters

gonna begin adjusting my bodyclock accordingly.

pair of centuries against buffet bowling is still a good intro to red ball cricket. report i read said Sibley's was pure quality, while Crawley gave a couple of chances early. Burns flapped a bit and did a Denly/Vince to get out.

sevendaughters

didn't realise Whangarei is 13hrs ahead, nice to hear the aimless commentary of red ball cricket.

sevendaughters

Stokes' Ashes Heroics Motivated By Great Personal Hatred For David Warner
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/50422835

There must be some way of harnessing the hateful energy generated by merely looking at David Warner.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Archer has already GRAVED one of the NZ A players 6 overs into this warm up game.

sevendaughters

sounds like the wickets at Whangerei are pretty road-like. probably best for practice.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Aye, batsmen are so awful technically and mentally these days that anything less than a road seems to require Kohli/Smith levels of talent.

Inspector Norse

Runs for Denly, Pope and Buttler in the last tour match, against a pretty strong New Zealand A outfit.

Joe Root, ready to "make some big runs" after apparently working on his technique and approach, out lbw for 2. I think he should have been rested, really, but hope the move back to no 4 helps him prove me wrong in the games that matter.

Inspector Norse

Over in Australia, James Pattinson was caught throwing homophobic abuse at an opponent.

His punishment? A SENSATIONAL and MERCILESS one-game suspension, from a game he was unlikely to be picked for anyway.

Cricket Australia's new "clean cut good guys" image gets stronger every day.

ELITE MATESHIP.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Fuckim

Just been relieving the Stokes innings as there were elements of it that I felt went beyond normal sport. I don't know if you guys recall moments where he has a sort of wide eyed watchfulness in his eyes. Non-aggressive, just keenly observing and totally watchful.

The level of talent that went into that onslaught, not just the technical body movements in response to the ball but the awareness of the situation as it morphed from unlikely to achievable really ranks it higher than cricinfo have repeatedly asserted it does not.

sevendaughters

the wider context of Stokes' innings as World Cup saviour and as redemptive figure marks it as special, but yeah, the way he did it marks it out as otherworldly. combined, wow.

poo

Possibly the most talented kev in the world.

All time best sporting moment for me. It wasn't even about winning. It was about the ultimate last stand fuck you. If img going down immediately going down fighting, except I ain't goin down mother fuckers.

sponk

Quote from: The Boston Crab on November 19, 2019, 04:23:41 PM
All time best sporting moment for me. It wasn't even about winning. It was about the ultimate last stand fuck you. If img going down immediately going down fighting, except I ain't goin down mother fuckers.

https://youtu.be/Zic3FtoWkp8

Inspector Norse

I saw the date Wed 20 Nov on Cricinfo and thought the game was starting last night (last night being the morning of Wed 20 Nov over in NZ for those of you who need everything spelling out). Gutted to have to wait another day to have my breakfast ruined by reading about England's shambolic batting collapse.

sevendaughters

Predictions anyone? NZ only lost 3 matches at home since 2013/4 and won most of their series without taking an L (12 series, won 10).

Feels like we never quite pull it out in conditions that should be approximately even steven.

That said, England have a couple more world class talents at their disposal and reason to think the batting problem might be on the way to being fixed. But NZ play as a team better than nearly anyone in world cricket, and Latham is in great form.

NZ have decided to keep Lockie Ferguson in the freezer for now.

1 Tom Latham, 2 Jeet Raval, 3 Kane Williamson (capt), 4 Ross Taylor, 5 Henry Nicholls, 6 Colin de Grandhomme, 7 BJ Watling (wk), 8 Mitchell Santner, 9 Tim Southee, 10 Neil Wagner, 11 Trent Boult.

England hand Sibley a debut and recall Ollie Pope to his favoured place at 6. Root slides back to 4, Denly moves to 3 despite success opening. Curran is favoured to Woakes.

1 Rory Burns, 2 Dom Sibley, 3 Joe Denly, 4 Joe Root (capt), 5 Ben Stokes, 6 Ollie Pope, 7 Jos Buttler (wk), 8 Sam Curran, 9 Jofra Archer, 10 Jack Leach, 11 Stuart Broad.

I say 1-1.

As long as Jof smashes some helmets and caves in some skulls who cares, eh?

Take a draw. Doubt we'll win the series but NZ aren't utterly hateful so losing to them isn't that bad. Lots of positive sounding talk from England in the build up, largely about sticking around for more than half an hour when batting. No Bairstow, no Roy. Things can only get better.

Thursday

Gives a chance for England to kill all my enthusiasm by being all out by lunch.

Thursday

Englan get out quickly so Jof stick a few of these hobbit cunts in saurons fuckin eye. Send these backwards bastards into the dark age.

king_tubby

Fucking barmy army Jerusalem singing cunts fuck off and go back to molesting piles of dog shit, making me want NZ to tear these jabronis a new arsehole then shit in that arsehole and force the barmy army to eat the shit that comes back out of the arseholes which are full of shit.

Evening lads!

sevendaughters

Steven Finn has a nice line in self-deprecation here, I expect him to be cricket's Crouchy within the year

Thursday

Four overs without loss! Wow! They weren't kidding when they said about trying to bat for longer.

Cgi Jackson wanks

Really looking forward to some cosy evenings of cricket. Love it. Enjoy, gents.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ali, Roy and Bairstow fucking hell that was suicidal

Hoping Sibley gets 5 runs off 200 balls. Redefine mind numbing wank. Kill the entire game singlehandedly. Drive teenagers to footy and drugs. But be Not the fuck Out

Distinct lack of booming cover drives so far. Very nice.