Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:01:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Cricket 2019 part II: arise King Jofra

Started by sevendaughters, August 22, 2019, 12:30:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuellar

sevendaughters

Root-era cricket probably my least favourite in many respects. Probably thinks him and Denners can hold an end every test now.

Inspector Norse

At least he's good at tossing. England to bat again.

Cuellar

Quote from: sevendaughters on January 24, 2020, 10:58:48 AM
Root-era cricket probably my least favourite in many respects. Probably thinks him and Denners can hold an end every test now.

To be fair to him (?), SA have binned Maharaj too.

Thursday

Sorry Bess. Should have got 10 wickets.

Inspector Norse

Quote from: Cuellar on January 24, 2020, 11:17:10 AM
To be fair to him (?), SA have binned Maharaj too.

Another 30ish pacer coming in too. I guess it's all the guys who've been waiting around for a chance while Steyn, Philander, Rabada and Morkel had the spots sewn up. Ngidi seems to be the only young player coming through.

Cuellar

sevendaughters

yeah, their heads have fallen off like Jorrrsh Hazlewood's did against an angry Ben Stokes

Cuellar

Last time England had a 100 run opening stand was Cook and Jennings in India in December 2016.

Jinxing it here.

Cuellar

And Johannesburg was the ground where Hutton and Washbrook put on 359 for the first wicket in 1948.

Inspector Norse

Crawley has beaten his high score in every test innings he's played so far, at this rate he'll be ranking as the best ever in a year or two.

Played excellently here although SA have been really lacklustre. I was out back throwing a few balls just now and I reckon I was bowling faster than Pretorious or Paterson.

Harry Badger

Quote from: Cuellar on January 24, 2020, 01:05:48 PM
Last time England had a 100 run opening stand was Cook and Jennings in India in December 2016.

Jinxing it here.

Apparently they are going to bring Jennings back in Sri Lanka as a horses fuck horses pick. If Crawley goes on here and gets a big score, that idea will surely be scrapped.

Inspector Norse

Thursday

What happened when Stokes walked off? Looked like he was about to lamp someone in the crowd.

iamcoop

Quote from: Quote on January 24, 2020, 03:33:24 PM
What happened when Stokes walked off? Looked like he was about to lamp someone in the crowd.

I think someone in the crowd gave him a mouthful when he was walking off.

Inspector Norse

Stokes' reply reportedly something like "say that to me outside the ground you foureyed little cunt".

Not smart, whatever was said.

sevendaughters

go away for 2 hours to do some work and it all happens!

iamcoop

Quote from: Inspector Norse on January 24, 2020, 04:17:23 PM
Stokes' reply reportedly something like "say that to me outside the ground you foureyed little cunt".

Not smart, whatever was said.

Wasn't aware of that. Pretty fucking stupid that like.

sevendaughters

fans are animals and the ICC stinks, Stokes should have been allowed to go after him willow in hand

BlodwynPig

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: iamcoop on January 24, 2020, 04:34:08 PM
Wasn't aware of that. Pretty fucking stupid that like.

Yep, but to be honest I am kind of in the Merv Hughes camp when it comes to little twats shouting from the sidelines. Tear a strip off them. Biowaste.

Stokes' crime was shouting something so banal.

Thursday

"knobhead" "four-eyes" Absolutely no patter on this lot, but really what do you expect of an English cricket team?

Thursday

Apologies for the language you may have heard in that clip we've played back multiple times and will play back again right now.

Harry Badger

Apparently the guy in the crowd made reference to Ed Sheeran.

Thursday

Quote from: Harry Badger on January 24, 2020, 05:51:19 PM
Apparently the guy in the crowd made reference to Ed Sheeran.

Yeah if this is true, then Stokes would absolutely be justified in going full Eric Cantona on a small child.

Pingers

Quote from: Inspector Norse on January 24, 2020, 04:17:23 PM

The Guardian reports that Stokes is sponsored by Specsavers. Maybe they'll just change their name to Speccyfoureyedcuntsavers

Dr Trouser

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on January 24, 2020, 05:11:44 PM
Yep, but to be honest I am kind of in the Merv Hughes camp when it comes to little twats shouting from the sidelines. Tear a strip off them. Biowaste.

Stokes' crime was shouting something so banal.

Yep, I applaud the 'Trevor Brennan approach to heckling