Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,491
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:04:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

It's about time you listened to businessfunk again

Started by Twed, August 22, 2019, 06:58:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twed

Chriddof

I genuinely don't want to sound rude here, but I avoided clicking on that URL because it just links to a raw mp3, and also I was further put off by the way this thread's title is phrased in exactly the same way that headlines are phrased on absolutely every single pop culture news site. It was the combination of the latter after the former that in total just tilted it in the wrong direction. That definitely did sound rude, I know, but I really don't mean to be and I don't want a massive argument and it's not that I can't ever imagine myself listening to businessfunk, whatever it is. It's just... agh. I hate 2019, you know?

Twed

It's fine. Here's an indirect link: http://datassette.net/businessfunk/

The thread title is in a jokey tone for people who remembered it the first time around. Maybe it was less of a cultural milestone than I thought it was, but I'm happy for people to ignore this thread really. Just a bit of fun.

If you do want context, I would (perhaps inaccurately) say that this was a precursor to a lot of the vaporwave stuff out now. I would be surprised if the likes of Mitch Murder didn't hear this release. It's a mix of archive music. If you're familiar with the "Commercial Breaks" documentary about Imagine & Ocean Software then you'll recognise some of this stuff.

Chriddof

Ah! Okay, I love this - just never heard the term "businessfunk" before. I would have called it a "library music mash up remix" or something similarly unwieldy and undescriptive. I think I prefer this to vaporwave right now, I've got pretty burned out on the whole reverb-and-slow-down formula. Thanks for this.

chveik

imagining the american psycho guy listening to this

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Chriddof on August 24, 2019, 10:34:14 PM
Ah! Okay, I love this - just never heard the term "businessfunk" before. I would have called it a "library music mash up remix" or something similarly unwieldy and undescriptive. I think I prefer this to vaporwave right now, I've got pretty burned out on the whole reverb-and-slow-down formula. Thanks for this.

Yes, very Bruton sounding, if not directly used. Brian Bennet's Voyage for example

imitationleather

pancreas

This is rather good fun. It's the music from all 80s montages, isn't it?

Twed

Library music, yeah. Blodwyn was correct when he said there might be some Bruton in there.

Quote from: imitationleather on August 24, 2019, 11:08:52 PM
Enjoyed it.

More please.
Make sure to listen to all three parts!