Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,488
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 04:35:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Most hated sports player

Started by The Boston Crab, August 23, 2019, 05:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Konki

Saul 'Drug Cheat' Alvarez
Neil 'Cunt' Warnock
And this prick

New page, new hate.

Jasha

it's Neville isn't it?

the other Neville a close second

phes

bgmnts

Neil Lennon should be up there, although that's probably unique to the sectarian insanity up in Glesga. He may be the only one in this thread who's been the victim of an attempted bombing.

Attila

As a kid-Phillies fan in the 1970s, Pete Rose, hands down. When the Phillies acquired him, I abandoned my die-hard love for the team and switched allegiance to the Orioles.

Absolutely cannot stand the man. Nasty, arrogant, cheating prick who crippled someone during an All-Star Game, for fuck's sake.

In fact, coincidentally, it's 30 years to the day that he finally acquiesed to betting on (and probably against) his own goddamned team (whilst he was their manager) and placed on the permanent ineligibility list for the baseball Hall of Fame.

DrGreggles

Poobum

Any F1 driver. Racing in Bahrain is up there with touring apartheid era South Africa.

dr beat

Jockice

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 24, 2019, 11:35:11 AM
El Hadji Diouf

Yip. Horrid. I was once in a traffic jam with him on the M62. I knew it was definitely him cos he had his name in big letters in the side of his motor. At one point we were in different lanes right next to each other. I kept my window up because if he'd known I was a Celtic fan he'd probably have spat on me.

And leave Neil Lennon alone everybody. Compared to Steven Gerrard he's an angel

Ferris

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on August 24, 2019, 02:27:28 AM
Mike Trout, there's a sad possibility that he is the best baseball player of all time and the best sports athlete on the planet right now and he is just a boring thick-necked chump who nobody remembers or cares about. A WASTE!

I bet many on CaB have never even heard of him, he's that much of an anonymous lump.

Consummate professional who seems a nice chap and one of the all time greats. Great ambassador for the sport. The anti-Neymar. This suggestion is almost as bad as Eolan's Grealish shout. Both pitiful efforts.

For my money, Suarez has to be up there along with McGregor and Pete Rose. Lance Armstrong and his ilk for all the careers they destroyed on the way up. Rougned Odor, Bryce Harper and Manny Machado as well, because they're all twats.

Ferris

Oh - Matt Bush, Aroldis Chapman, Roberto Osuna for good measure.

sponk

Prince 'Naseem' Ham head

Quote from: Jockice on August 24, 2019, 01:18:53 PM
Yip. Horrid. I was once in a traffic jam with him on the M62. I knew it was definitely him cos he had his name in big letters in the side of his motor. At one point we were in different lanes right next to each other. I kept my window up because if he'd known I was a Celtic fan he'd probably have spat on me.

And leave Neil Lennon alone everybody. Compared to Steven Gerrard he's an angel

bgmnts

Wtf? Wasn't he a featherweight at his heaviest? How does an athlete put on that much weight?

imitationleather

It happens a lot. He's not an athlete training 24/7 any more and so can't eat 30,000 calories a day without putting on weight.

pupshaw

What's wrong with Naseem? He was a disrespectful prick in his early days, but like Eubank was a real fighter and not hype.
He lives near me, and everyone I know who knows him says he's a nice guy.

sponk

I think he was overcome with guilt when he crashed his £350,000 car at 90mph and nearly killed two people. Maybe his overeating was due to that.

sponk

I was going to mention Mike Tyson but does anyone hate him? Apart from the old women he mugged and the many young women he raped and sexually assaulted, I mean. Interesting how he still had huge success as a boxer and mainstream celebrity after being convincted of rape.

bgmnts

I think a 'Sports stars who got away with crimes because they are good at a sport' list would be very very long indeed.

Jockice

Quote from: pupshaw on August 24, 2019, 02:44:17 PM
What's wrong with Naseem? He was a disrespectful prick in his early days, but like Eubank was a real fighter and not hype.
He lives near me, and everyone I know who knows him says he's a nice guy.

Ask anyone in Sheffield. He became an utter prick to the extent that if he even took his kids to the local park the other parents would leave it. And he parked in disabled spaces.

I had a couple of encounters with him myself. Once when he was on his way up when I bumped into Brendan Ingle (who I knew) and him in Ponds Forge sauna. He actually seemed like a nice, quiet lad then.

Fast forward a few years later and I was innocently driving along a road when his monster motor pulled out in front of me, obviously coming out of a snooker club he used to frequent (for those who know Sheffield, it's the one behind the Lescar). Even though it was my right of way he blocked me off so I had to reverse about a hundred metres and round a corner to let him get past. I suppose I could have refused to but I wasn't really in the mood for having to deal with his posse of arselickers.

Tales of him doing things like that are legion in the city and even Ingle, (who was as decent a bloke as you can get) ended up hating him.

He may be a nice guy now but things like that, and the over-the-top celebrations when he got out of prison for almost killing that poor guy - and Hamed and his wife's later attempt to get the bloke done for dangerous driving himself. It took a jury 20 minutes to clear him - mean if he ever comes back to Sheffield he'll still be hated. Incidentally (and it's not somewhere I go often) I'd actually driven on the road where it happened earlier that day. It was a bank holiday so I took a friend out for lunch in the countryside. Could just as easily have been me falling victim to his showing off.

Small Man Big Horse

I'm astonished that no one's nominated John Terry yet. So I shall do so, but I hope you're all deeply ashamed of yourselves.

pupshaw

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 24, 2019, 03:27:40 PM
I'm astonished that no one's nominated John Terry yet. So I shall do so, but I hope you're all deeply ashamed of yourselves.

Is he still as bad as he used to be? Lee Bowyer too seems to have grown up now.

Captain Z

Came here to check whether Terry had been listed.

Oscar Pistorius

Joey Barton

Connor McGregor

wosl

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 24, 2019, 03:27:40 PMI'm astonished that no one's nominated John Terry yet.

Hated by opposition fans, while at the same time grudgingly respected as a "run through walls, Clive" defender, and seems to have comported himself quite well since retiring.  Plus, in major mitigation, he had that great season with Villa, so not the automatic choice you might think.

The Lurker

Quote from: pupshaw on August 24, 2019, 04:04:02 PM
Is he still as bad as he used to be? Lee Bowyer too seems to have grown up now.

He does a lot for charity and is meant to be a nice enough bloke, all things considered. He could be a prick though for all I know.

Lower league football attracts a few shithouses, off the top of my head: Graham "medal winner" Westley, Lee Hughes, Steve Evans, Nile Ranger and so on.

Ranger is supposed to have grown up now but those are his own words.

The Lurker

Oh and as a Hartlepool fan and a hater of twats, I'll also throw Dave Jones into the ring for being a massive arrogant cunt. He's working as an advisor at Bury at the moment, as though they haven't suffered enough.

DrGreggles

Quote from: The Lurker on August 24, 2019, 04:17:19 PM
Nile Ranger

He got his own episode of Crime in Sports, as did Joey Barton.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Pearly-Dewdrops Drops on August 24, 2019, 02:27:28 AM
Mike Trout, there's a sad possibility that he is the best baseball player of all time and the best sports athlete on the planet right now and he is just a boring thick-necked chump who nobody remembers or cares about. A WASTE!

I bet many on CaB have never even heard of him, he's that much of an anonymous lump.
Not sure why you'd hate him for his employers doing a bad job of promoting him.