Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 09:26:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Most hated sports player

Started by The Boston Crab, August 23, 2019, 05:52:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Famous Mortimer on August 24, 2019, 04:51:55 PM
Not sure why you'd hate him for his employers doing a bad job of promoting him.

I hate him because he's a fucking lump. If he wasn't good at baseball he would 100% be either a cop or an assistant gym teacher.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Told this one a few times but one of the anecdotes in his autobiography, the life and times of a legend, career highlight, one to tell the grandchildren is telling Sandor Westerveld's partner to 'fuck off back to Holland'.

Stick to mistiming tackles m.a.t.e

beanheadmcginty

Geoffrey Boycott. And Peter Ebdon, obviously.

kalowski

Why has no one nominated Roy Keane?

DrGreggles

EOLAN

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 24, 2019, 01:51:13 PM
Consummate professional who seems a nice chap and one of the all time greats. Great ambassador for the sport. The anti-Neymar. This suggestion is almost as bad as Eolan's Grealish shout. Both pitiful efforts.

Me and my friends have got personal reasons for that one after some of us met him too closely down the Railway Bar.  Nothing to do with the Ireland/England wrangling, the hairstyle and in fairness I thought he was exemplary with that Birmingham City scum supporter.

I probably have Lee Hughes ahead of him though on deeper longer term introspection..

Ferris

Quote from: EOLAN on August 25, 2019, 12:09:30 AM
Me and my friends have got personal reasons for that one after some of us met him too closely down the Railway Bar.  Nothing to do with the Ireland/England wrangling, the hairstyle and in fairness I thought he was exemplary with that Birmingham City scum supporter.

I probably have Lee Hughes ahead of him though on deeper longer term introspection..

He's obviously a bit of a twat, but I don't think he's universally hated. He's not even "one of those" who you love when they play for your team but everyone else can't stand them (Jose Bautista, John Terry, Luis Suarez). He's a Villa legend alright, but opinion seems to vary "who?" to "oh yeah, he's good or something isn't he?".

He seems basically alright to me, I guess it depends if the thread is referring to personal dislike, or general dislike.

Lee Hughes is released now isn't he? Always thought he was a dickhead so you're right there.

imitationleather

mr. logic

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on August 24, 2019, 07:43:53 PM
Told this one a few times but one of the anecdotes in his autobiography, the life and times of a legend, career highlight, one to tell the grandchildren is telling Sandor Westerveld's partner to 'fuck off back to Holland'.

Stick to mistiming tackles m.a.t.e

Yeah, there's been a bit of revisionism about his career, this idea that he and Gerrard were some sort of standard at Liverpool that all new signings- be they foreign or expensive- had to immediately get to grips with it training. But I always thought of Carragher as little more than a plodder really. Can't remember him ever having a great game or season.

And yes, him and Nevile are utter cunts. Sucking their teeth before making one of their Important Points.

hummingofevil

I don't think there has been enough discussion about Gary Neville here. One mention is not enough. I fucking loathe the cunt. No idea what the specific aim of the Salford project is (United feeder club and/or property development scam is my best guess) but the fact that him and the Cunts of 92 have basically got the media and FA (well two FAs due to Giggs' involvement - he can go fuck himself too) under their thumbs means they can take the piss. Phil Neville (who gives his cunt brother a run for his money) was on radio preaching the other day all about Bury and how their family ties mean they have an emotional bond to the club blah blah blah when they have basically done exactly the same at Salford.

Brian Barwick.

Graham "Swanny" Swan

Flintoff

I can't think of Jermaine Jenas with out singing this with his name inserted instead of Michael Eavis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlrkE9T2Xsc

Blue Jam

kalowski

Konki

My guess is chubby funster Shaun Murphy.

Blue Jam

Inspector Norse

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on August 25, 2019, 12:29:30 AMLee Hughes is released now isn't he? Always thought he was a dickhead so you're right there.

We signed him after his release and he played well for a while, but we fucked him off on loan despite his being our top scorer because there were rumours about bullying and it came to a head when he assaulted the manager on a "team bonding" night.

Utter wankstain of a human.

sevendaughters

Hughes scored 2 for Notts County against us not long after his release. The shouts of Lee Hughes Is A Murderer seemed to gee him up harder and he definitely stirred our fans up. I dunno. He seems like a regular brand arsehole footballer who did one spectacularly awful thing and has sort of paid for it. Last I saw of him, he was playing for Halesowen, or Stourbridge, I can't remember.

sponk

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Daniel Mendoza yet. Can't stand that smart arsed, side-stepping "scientific" cunt

Glebe

Dex Sawash

What's all the hate for with Andrew Luck? Saw he was getting booed for retiring due to pain. Is that OK right? Sounds mad.

Dex Sawash

Rolf Lundgren

The cunt playing for Wingate and Finchley about ten years ago who was aiming balls at the crowd during the substitute half time kickabout. When he got some deserved abuse he started mouthing off that we'd all paid to watch him play. Said cunt then comes on in the second half and scores the winner.

MidnightShambler

Quote from: mr. logic on August 25, 2019, 07:51:55 AM
Yeah, there's been a bit of revisionism about his career, this idea that he and Gerrard were some sort of standard at Liverpool that all new signings- be they foreign or expensive- had to immediately get to grips with it training. But I always thought of Carragher as little more than a plodder really. Can't remember him ever having a great game or season.

And yes, him and Nevile are utter cunts. Sucking their teeth before making one of their Important Points.

Yeah, he played 737 average games for Liverpool in about 15 years in the first team.

Maybe you missed a bit of his career, like in 2005 where he won the Champions League, was Liverpools Player Of The Season (just one of the three times he won that), made the PFA Team Of The Season and was nominated for the Ballon D'or, for example. I'd say that qualifies as a great season.

You can dislike him as a person (I'm not that keen myself, despite being a Liverpool fan) but to call him a plodder means the only person doing revisionism here is you. He was a fantastic player.

Lord Mandrake

Still Andi Moller for me Clive.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Lord Mandrake on August 25, 2019, 09:26:38 PM
Still Andi Moller for me Clive.

Never understood the hate for him, seemingly for scoring a penalty.

petril

Quote from: DrGreggles on August 25, 2019, 09:53:23 PM
Never understood the hate for him, seemingly for scoring a penalty.

me neither, so majestic and glorious

DrGreggles

Quote from: petrilTanaka on August 25, 2019, 09:59:36 PM
me neither, so majestic and glorious

He was mimicking Gazza, wasn't he?