Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:16:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Funniest social media account?

Started by Pearly-Dewdrops Drops, August 23, 2019, 08:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Put your #1 pick in here for other CaBBers to cherish! All platforms allowed.

I will nominate @catatonicyouths on Instagram, which edits together clips of woeful musical acts.

https://www.instagram.com/catatonicyouths/

Famous Mortimer

Nihilist Arby's, on Twitter.

Doesn't post very often, but they're always funny when they do.

C_Larence

wint/dril is the only good account online

Quote from: C_Larence on August 23, 2019, 09:50:33 PM
wint/dril is the only good account online

@dril and @Seinfeld2000 are good Twitter classics

Ornlu

Blue Jam

@JamesMoir10

Scrolling through his posts the other night had me howling...

DrGreggles

Football Manager Hair on Politicians makes a delightful change from the usual Twitter cesspit:
https://twitter.com/visualsatire

Utter Shit

Doug Episodes was the best thing about Twitter until the person who ran it either sold it to a dickhead or went mad. Some old classics...

QuoteEpisode 103 "Scary Party" - Doug is too afraid to attend his own birthday party after learning the cake will be a flavor he's never tasted.

QuoteEpisode 119 "Doug's Ex Friend" - Doug has to stop being friends with Skeeter after he and Skeeter's dad accidentally see each other naked

QuoteEpisode 124 "Doug's New Bike" - Beebe sees Doug riding a bike she threw in the garbage the day before and has him arrested.

QuoteEpisode 140 "Dougie Fresh" - After Doug accidentally hears a raunchy rap song that makes him cry, he asks Skeeter if he is black.

QuoteEpisode 166 "Doug Smashes the Station Wagon with a Hammer" - Doug flies off the handle when he realizes his family is poor.

EDIT: Also Coffee Dad, obviously!

Utter Shit

Is that account really by Hurst? I don't doubt that he's given it his say-so or whatever, but it just seems unlikely that a successful and, at least at one time, relatively funny comedian could come out with such rubbish non-humour. I mean I don't agree with Geoff Norcott or find much of what he says funny, but it is still recognisably the work of someone who understands comedy. That Hurst account is absolute base-level stuff.

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Ornlu on September 02, 2019, 12:45:20 PM
@inzane_johnny

His music memes are so much more on point than any other account I've come across but his content filter is non-existent and after about a week I found his constant barrage of wank insufferable.

sponk

Quote from: Utter Shit on September 02, 2019, 04:04:13 PM
Is that account really by Hurst? I don't doubt that he's given it his say-so or whatever, but it just seems unlikely that a successful and, at least at one time, relatively funny comedian could come out with such rubbish non-humour. I mean I don't agree with Geoff Norcott or find much of what he says funny, but it is still recognisably the work of someone who understands comedy. That Hurst account is absolute base-level stuff.

Yeah, most of it really reads as someone doing a parody of bad humour. I can't imagine a comedian would be happy having his reputation as a funny person destroyed by approving a fake account. Unless he's doing some kind of Lou Reed or Neil Young style career sabotage or something

Fambo Number Mive

Hurst's politics are pretty terrible as well, judging from the most recent tweets.

This is a really good idea for a thread. Richard Osman is pretty consistent.

king_tubby

Cuellar

All funny twitter accounts are actually shit, sorry.

'Here's a daytime TV figure...standing behind Hitler!!!'

'Here's a staple of 80s primetime TV...standing behind Hitler!!!'

'Here's something about football, but it's also political!!!'

'Here's a whimsical thought...with no capital letters or punctuation!!!'

Here's shit

dissolute ocelot

@ChuckTingle is surprisingly uplifting.

oy vey

That dark stock photos one is not bad. It captures the sociopathic banality of stock pics and the models within.

dex

There's the mischief maker who made an account called "Customer Support" and changes the image to whichever firm they wish to troll customers making inbound complaints to. Well played.

https://www.facebook.com/MotivateMeGlobal/photos/pcb.2568993696495395/2568993093162122/?type=3&theater

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: oy vey on September 03, 2019, 06:32:27 PM
That dark stock photos one is not bad. It captures the sociopathic banality of stock pics and the models within.

DrGreggles

Quote from: dex on September 04, 2019, 12:32:14 AM
There's the mischief maker who made an account called "Customer Support" and changes the image to whichever firm they wish to troll customers making inbound complaints to. Well played.

https://www.facebook.com/MotivateMeGlobal/photos/pcb.2568993696495395/2568993093162122/?type=3&theater

I think it's the "OK thanks" that sells it though.

zomgmouse

madhair60

People are raving about the laugh-free "Joker's Trick" account

dex

Quote from: thecuriousorange on September 02, 2019, 08:07:42 PM
This is a really good idea for a thread. Richard Osman is pretty consistent.

Osman is a consistent cunt.