Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:20:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Obi-Wan Kenobi TV series in production

Started by Alberon, August 24, 2019, 10:07:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

A third Star Wars TV series is in production to follow on from The Mandalorian and the Cassian Andor prequel.  Ewan McGregor is back as Obi-Wan Kenobi. The show is being written now and will film next year. It's set eight years after Revenge of the Sith and apparently puts that around the time of the Solo movie, but I've no idea if it will be picking up any of the hanging threads from that film.

biggytitbo

They're really not going to stop until they've totally driven this brand into the ground are they.

Alberon

It's all about the streaming service fight. Disney+ is rolling out Star Wars and a bucketload of new Marvel shows in its fight with Netflix, Amazon Prime, CBS, Hulu, DC Universe and loads of others.

It's why there is so many and so expensive TV shows being made right now. It won't last.

Mind you, The Mandalorian trailer just released does look good.

bgmnts

Quote from: biggytitbo on August 24, 2019, 10:18:31 AM
They're really not going to stop until they've totally driven this brand into the ground are they.

They've blown the axle and have been grinding metal for a good long while now.

I'd be more into this if it were a film and not a series. They're going to have to spread the jam quite thin.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Alberon on August 24, 2019, 10:28:07 AM
It's all about the streaming service fight. Disney+ is rolling out Star Wars and a bucketload of new Marvel shows in its fight with Netflix, Amazon Prime, CBS, Hulu, DC Universe and loads of others.

It's why there is so many and so expensive TV shows being made right now. It won't last.

Mind you, The Mandalorian trailer just released does look good.

Ohh yes, it's a massive bubble for sure. Only the ones with the deepest pockets will survive and the loser will be the viewer.

idunnosomename

Holy shit carbonite! Even though that was specific to that location in a film like 3 decades ago! I RECOGNISE THIS TAKE MY MONEY AND MY IDENTITY DISNEY

Ig-88 ohhh i fucking shit my fucking pants baby

Small Man Big Horse

I know a lot of people say that McGregor was one of the best things about the prequels but I thought he was fucking awful. I'll give it a shot because I have way too much time on my hands but I'd be amazed if it's something I click with.

Mister Six

Quote from: biggytitbo on August 24, 2019, 12:25:20 PM
Ohh yes, it's a massive bubble for sure. Only the ones with the deepest pockets will survive and the loser will be the viewer.

It's okay, I can go back to pirating stuff.

Alberon

Less to pirate though. Still you can then watch all the stuff there isn't time for now.

peanutbutter

I was thinking today about how Disney putting all of their stuff in the one location might highlight just how fucking sterile it all is and how heavily their business is based around hyping up the next new thing. Kind of like how you'd always know a new show from CBS was gonna be some procedural stuff with the same structure every episode.

I wonder how happy all those people that are hyped about Disney Channel + will be when they find themselves having to shuffle between Netflix and Disney's one. Read a thing a few weeks back about how regular TV has been getting a bump in recent times due to people not being arsed about having to choose between which subscriptions they have, can see that getting a lot worse.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Dex Sawash

Quote from: bgmnts on August 24, 2019, 10:30:25 AM
They've blown the axle and have been grinding metal for a good long while now.

That's the sort of cheap sexual innuendo we've all been loving since Steamboat Willie