Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:00:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

Started by Ja'moke, August 25, 2019, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

Couldn't recognise anybody? Apart from Pete & Badger.

Also, did Jesse have a beard when Walt "freed" him?

NJ Uncut

Quote from: mothman on September 24, 2019, 05:45:20 PM
Couldn't recognise anybody? Apart from Pete & Badger.

Also, did Jesse have a beard when Walt "freed" him?

They're all I want to recognise!

wooders1978

He had the makings of a beard but it wasn't as thick and luxurious as in the ad - I guess as a classic device to indicate the passing of time

P.s Walt is still alive

NJ Uncut

Old Nehamkin

I mean, has Walt's death been a point of debate since the show ended or something? It was conveyed very clearly in basic cinematic language, even if we didn't actually get to see a print-out of his death certificate. It would surely go down as one of the most contrived, laughable stunts in the history of television were they ever to try and bring him back.

Cuellar

I'd fucking love it if they did. Just utterly trash the legacy of Breaking Bad. Bring back Walt in the hackiest fashion, he reconciles with his family, Hank survives and they all live happily ever after.

Cuellar

Basically do a Game of Thrones on it.

chveik

wooders1978

Quote from: chveik on September 24, 2019, 07:00:19 PM
bring back Mike too

Whose the geezer with the pocketknife? Seems quite Mikey

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Cuellar on September 24, 2019, 06:58:56 PM
Basically do a Game of Thrones on it.

What, be set in space with aliens and get such annoying fans I'll never watch it and it'll be a let down in the end anyway?

(I'm already an annoying BB fan!)

mothman

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on September 24, 2019, 06:49:11 PM
I mean, has Walt's death been a point of debate since the show ended or something? It was conveyed very clearly in basic cinematic language, even if we didn't actually get to see a print-out of his death certificate. It would surely go down as one of the most contrived, laughable stunts in the history of television were they ever to try and bring him back.

My point earlier. As I said it's feasible that he could survive his injuries, stranger things have happened in real life, but the way it was filmed was so as to invoke finality. Plus Gilligan in past interviews I think made it clear that he viewed Walt as beyond redemption, the point of no return was letting whatserface choke on vomit and die. And I know what he means, while still continuing to love the character and the show; if they DID bring him, and it, back, I'd roll my eyes. But I'd still watch.

lankyguy95

It would be horrible if he was brought back alive but I'm certain it won't happen. Gilligan doesn't do that sort of bait and switch.

Besides, he's too big a fan of the flashback. He doesn't need to bring Walt back.

Pseudopath

Who do we reckon Jesse is burying at 1:12? The only redheads I remember from Breaking Bad are Meth Damon, Kuby (Bill Burr) and this poor little laddie from Peekaboo:

Phil_A

I'm predicting Walt as some kind of figment of Jessie's mind. Just a feeling

Cuellar

Hair's quite long.

Could be a dog, you know one of them sexy ones.

Blue Jam

Updated cast list:

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt9243946/fullcredits/cast

Still only four names, but I'm happy to see which two have been added...

Are any cinemas in the UK screening this on the 11th? I haven't seen any screenings advertised yet.

Blue Jam

Have we had this one yet?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/breaking-bad-movie-aaron-paul-series-creator-revisiting-amc-show-1240406

QuoteEl Camino centers on what happens to Jesse after he drives out of that compound covered in physical and psychological scars, and it features more than 10 familiar characters from the show.

Let the guessing game begin...

Timothy

Loved the two teasers but after the trailer I decided (gonna be difficult but still) not to watch this movie. The Breaking Bad ending was great as it was.

Jessie drove off.

Don't want to see what happens next.

NJ Uncut

Maybe Jesse'll kill..
Who is even fuckin left?

Long as it's not Marie. Love her, genuinely, creepily, full on TV crush. Imagine being able to date her. She'd be a great girlfriend. Always bringing you little gifts

"Why thank you! Hope you didn't spend too much on this."
"Not a thing, New Jack. You know me. Not a penny spent! Enjoy your golf clubs"

Blue Jam

You'd have to live in a purple house though.

Dex Sawash

Blue Jam

Billboard in LA, according to Reddit:

Ooooooh...

mothman

Blue Jam

With the red stripes it spells out "HELL"

Jesse has died and gone to HELL

Neville Chamberlain

Looking forward to this. Breaking Bad was so fucking good I'm almost ready for a rewatch.

H-O-W-L

That trailer was genuinely moving and had a lot of the "grime city vibe" that latter Breaking Bad and some of the newer episodes of Better Call Saul (especially the burner phone one) have captured so fucking well. An almost nostalgic feeling for a place I've never been. Infinitely more interested now.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 25, 2019, 04:56:30 PM
You'd have to live in a purple house though.

And that's different from now in what way??

Chollis

Quote from: Cuellar on September 24, 2019, 06:58:11 PM
I'd fucking love it if they did. Just utterly trash the legacy of Breaking Bad. Bring back Walt in the hackiest fashion, he reconciles with his family, Hank survives and they all live happily ever after.

really hope they do this