Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:00:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

Started by Ja'moke, August 25, 2019, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothman

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 27, 2019, 03:00:58 PM
With the red stripes it spells out "HELL"

Jesse has died and gone to HELL

Ah. D'oh!

Blue Jam

Yes, El Camino is set in HELL, and that's how Vince Gilligan has managed to get Walt, Gus, Hector, Hank'n'Gomie and the tortoise in there. Job's a good 'un.

samadriel

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 27, 2019, 06:56:43 PM
Yes, El Camino is set in HELL, and that's how Vince Gilligan has managed to get Walt, Gus, Hector, Hank'n'Gomie and the tortoise in there. Job's a good 'un.

You jest, but y'know what, that doesn't sound all that bad.  It'll be almost impossible to meet expectations with a feature-length carryon from Breaking Bad (which ended perfectly well) - maybe subvert them entirely.  Go pure psychogenic fugue.

Blue Jam

Quote from: samadriel on September 28, 2019, 05:42:20 AM
Did Mike go to heaven?

I didn't mention Mike because we already know he's in it. So no, Mike went to HELL too.

Who in the BB universe would actually get into Heaven? Kim Wexler maybe? Who else... Nope, that's it.

buttgammon

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 28, 2019, 08:29:43 AM
I didn't mention Mike because we already know he's in it. So no, Mike went to HELL too.

Who in the BB universe would actually get into Heaven? Kim Wexler maybe? Who else... Nope, that's it.

The Kettlemans, but only because they've paid off St Peter.

samadriel

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 28, 2019, 08:29:43 AM

Drew Sharp probably didn't get much sinning done at his age.

edit:  I just remembered that the Neo-Nazis had Hank and Gomez's video in their DVD player -- the police now have a video of Jesse confessing to his entire criminal history.  That won't make things any easier for him, although he was already kind of fucked beforehand.

I lost track during the BB denouement -- does Jesse have access to any of his money?  He could pay for the vacuum cleaner guy to vanish him.

Blue Jam

Maybe this is like Life On Mars/Ashes To Ashes and everyone is actually dead and in the afterlife and Cinnabon is Hell...

JamesTC

Quote from: samadriel on September 28, 2019, 09:59:45 AM
I lost track during the BB denouement -- does Jesse have access to any of his money?  He could pay for the vacuum cleaner guy to vanish him.

He can't disappear with the vacuum guy. Remember Saul saying that you only have one chance with him to disappear and Jesse walked out on his chance after he found out about Walt poisoning Brock.

Jesse possibly has money still at his house if nobody got to it. But he'd have to get to it before the police do. He was giving money away left and right when Walt gave him a bundle.

If he needs money then he could always cook...

Blue Jam

...or do loads of carpentry...

Did we ever find out what happened to poor long-suffering Honey Tits Francesca? Maybe she and Skyler formed a support group and became best mates.

NoSleep

Didn't the vacuum guy vacuum himself anyway?

samadriel

Quote from: NoSleep on September 28, 2019, 04:21:55 PM
Didn't the vacuum guy vacuum himself anyway?
He didn't look that flexible.

NoSleep

I checked earlier and he just disappeared from Walt's radar rather than have cause to "disappear".

NJ Uncut

Seems this is immediately after Breaking Bad then

And Saul's black n white scenes start at about a month on right?

So it's all in the past!!

H-O-W-L

You know what, I might be a complete tosser, but I think at this point even if the movie magically never came out out, that last trailer would fill its void perfectly enough. I think the ambiguity of it works really in its favour, and it's made me both infinitely more interested in the movie as well as also making me think that maybe it shouldn't come out just so we can have it left up in the air exactly whether or not Jesse gets away and gets the better life he now deserves.  I hope the ending is at least ambiguous.

Fucking cracking trailer that's really stuck with me. The atmosphere of it and all the visuals are just so on-point.

NJ Uncut

H-O-W-L

Quote from: NJ Uncut on September 29, 2019, 10:01:33 AM
I hope Jesse is burying Walt Jr

I actually weirdly think it's Todd, since he's still wearing his prison gear and has the beard and hair during that scene.

H-O-W-L

No, yeah, it's definitely Todd. That's his truck.

JamesTC

The police found Todd's body.

Are the two figures on the other side of the river supposed to be Walt and Mike?

Noodle Lizard

Why would Jesse be burying Todd? That'd also involve him returning to the compound after having sped away as fast as possible (as we saw), picking up the body of a complete cunt who he likely hated more than anyone else (once the police had arrived at the scene), loading him in the car, driving around with the dead body despite the police definitely being on the lookout, then burying said body because ... what, Jesse thought he deserved a proper burial?

I dunno mate. Could happen.

H-O-W-L

I have no idea why he'd be burying Todd, but Todd is one of a handful of redheads in the series, the body is in the back of Todd's truck, and Todd and Jesse had a bitter rivalry. Maybe it's a hallucination or dream? It looks sort of like where they killed the motorbike kid, too, though not definitively there.

kalowski

JamesTC

Jesse will save the day using a big magnet.

Then he will say bitch.

Rev+

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on September 29, 2019, 11:02:51 AM
Why would Jesse be burying Todd?

Todd's the only one he killed at the compound, so in theory he could have become twitchy about it somehow being tied to him and returned to cover up the evidence.  The problem there is that compound is crawling with police as soon as Walt dies so they'd probably notice a corpse being dragged about.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Rev+ on September 29, 2019, 08:02:39 PM
Todd's the only one he killed at the compound, so in theory he could have become twitchy about it somehow being tied to him and returned to cover up the evidence.  The problem there is that compound is crawling with police as soon as Walt dies so they'd probably notice a corpse being dragged about.

I have heard rumors (or perhaps a 'what if' comment from Vince? Can't remember) that the actual ending of Felina isn't fully the actual ending in real time, that there's a short time lapse after Walt falls over, so that the police coming in is actually a distinct amount of time after he's hit the ground, rather than the half-minute it seems like onscreen.

Twed

All of this talk about Todd is making me really wish that The Nonsense Potter could be a character in this

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: H-O-W-L on September 30, 2019, 03:02:12 AM
I have heard rumors (or perhaps a 'what if' comment from Vince? Can't remember) that the actual ending of Felina isn't fully the actual ending in real time, that there's a short time lapse after Walt falls over, so that the police coming in is actually a distinct amount of time after he's hit the ground, rather than the half-minute it seems like onscreen.

Dunno about that. You do actually see the police cars approaching as Walt is inspecting the meth lab at the end.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Twed on September 30, 2019, 03:27:16 AM
All of this talk about Todd is making me really wish that The Nonsense Potter could be a character in this

With his trademark blue vases, yes.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on September 30, 2019, 07:25:50 AM
Dunno about that. You do actually see the police cars approaching as Walt is inspecting the meth lab at the end.

Shrug, like I say, it's not a rock solid fact.

NJ Uncut