Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:40:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nathan Barley new trailer

Started by problemarea, March 22, 2005, 09:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Duck Man

He he, that was excellent, even if I didn't get that weird Hippie bit in the middle...

(Me just being thick probably)

mayer

You'll never guess....

I made it!

problemarea

QuoteI didn't get that weird Hippie bit in the middle
Me either.

JCBillington

Quote from: "The Duck Man"He he, that was excellent, even if I didn't get that weird Hippie bit in the middle...

(Me just being thick probably)

I think your just being young, as anyone over the age of about 22 would recognise Trev and Simon as The Singing Corner.

The Duck Man

17, so hey ho.

Still don't get what it's got to do with Nathan Barley though?

problemarea

QuoteI think your just being young, as anyone over the age of about 22 would recognise Trev and Simon as The Singing Corner.
im 30 and I didnt get it.

mayer

You'll never guess....

I made it!

racingline

That wasmore worthwhile than the whole series. Excellent work.

mayer

I didn't really make it. alan strang did. It's been mentioned in about 4 other threads already. Ahem.

It is rather good, isn't it?

The Duck Man

Yes, I saw it in the Nathan Barley thread straight after I saw this thread.

Curse you mayer!

Jemble Fred

(Clicks jaw back into place)

Alan... how are you not rich?

Regular John

Just saw it on the Something Awful forums, I claimed credit for it alan!

(Just kidding, I'm fucking jealous)

Frinky

That's fantastic work.

The Brent bit was nicely executed.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "JCBillington"I think your just being young, as anyone over the age of about 22 would recognise Trev and Simon as The Singing Corner.
I didn't recognise them either - but that's probably because I'm too OLD!  :-)

I'm so glad that this has now got a thread of its very own.  It deserves it.

imitationleather

How come I knew it was Trev & Simon eh? All of your memories must be getting flabby.

Brilliant work blah blah blah...

Jemble Fred

Actually, although it was obviously Trev & Simon, I don't quite understand why they're there. But as I'm an arrogant cunt I'll put it down to end-of-day's-work brain frazzle. Same goes for the hand throwing a card or something. You could write a fucking essay on that animation.

SimonJT

Who was the bloke in the green jacket?

Lee

I believe that's Charlie Brooker, Simon.

SimonJT

No, the one later on, when the voice says "Your whole planet's... [something]"

Regular John

That's Martin "Tim Reacts" Freeman

Hemorrhoid Shark

Doh! I thought it was William Shatner (The voice in the background does sound a bit like him). I thought it was some kind of clever Shatner's Bassoon reference.

Then again, I'm not a massive Office fan, so I probably wouldn't get that one anyway.

weekender

The funniest part of that is the 'subliminal' message.

neveragain

Bugger it, I can't work out what that actually says. 'Morris is a cunt' perchance?

imitationleather

I finally got the, "Your home planet's been blown up, motherfucker" bit. Superb!

DuncanC

I remember Trev and Simon fine, but didn't realise that was meant to be them...

Cambrian Times

I got the Trev and Simon bit, but I thought Martin Freeman for some reason was Jack Osbourne.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"Same goes for the hand throwing a card or something.
That's from something, but I can't remember what.  As are the guitar harmonics behind it - what bit of music is that from Alan, it's been bugging me a bit.  Anyway I don't care - it's just beautiful.

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"You could write a fucking essay on that animation.
You most certainly could.

Mister Six

Quote from: "Ambient Sheep"
Quote from: "Jemble Fred"Same goes for the hand throwing a card or something.
That's from something, but I can't remember what.  As are the guitar harmonics behind it - what bit of music is that from Alan, it's been bugging me a bit.  Anyway I don't care - it's just beautiful.
You most certainly could.

The hand throwing a cigarette is a recreation of a TV advert for Captain Beefheart' album  "Lick My Decals Off, Baby". In the original, the cigarette hits a speaker playing some of his music and the music cuts out abruptly. It's intercut with other black-and-white weirdness, including a man with a bag and noose over his head, shuffling sideways across the screen scratching a vinyl record with a broken-off  player arm.

It so terrified viewers that the manager of the TV station airing the ad recieved death threats.

The track's Beefheart, but I can't remember which one.