Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:35:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

5-10 Directors You'd Love To Talk With

Started by MortSahlFan, August 27, 2019, 12:54:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MortSahlFan

1. John Cassavetes - not my favorite, but most interesting.
2. Vittorio De Sica - I'd ask how he became the greatest director ever? I'm sure being a great actor wasn't all of it, considering he made about 10 masterpieces we all know and love.
3. Orson Welles - I'm not a fan of his movies (besides Citizen Kane), but he was worldly, knew a lot, would have loved to talk to him.
4. John Huston
5. Stanley Kubrick - used to be my favorite, only cracks my Top 30, but I attribute that to finding so many greater directors in the last 20 years.
5. Federico Fellini - Made my 2nd favorite, "La Strada" and I read an interview and he strikes me as someone I'd love to talk with.
6. Robert Altman - "Nashville" is my #3, and he's a true rebel.
7. Ken Loach - we seem to share similar politics. Greatest living director.
8. Ingmar Bergman - it'd be nice to have a deep psychological conversation with him.
9. Paul Mazursky - He made my very favorite, "Harry and Tonto" and I'd be interested talking about that and other social issues, and comedy.
10. Luchino Visconti - He made so many great movies, and smoked 120 cigarettes a day.

Honorable Mention: Marlon Brando, because he did direct the great "One-Eyed Jacks"

bgmnts

Roman Polanski
Michael Winner
Alfred Hitchcock
JJ Abrams
John Landis

Invite them all round, poison their wine.

Cold Meat Platter

Granmere Holdspasm
Billingsgate Tranfiliplasmere
Goandsmilidoff Beeeeeeeeeeefdrink
Anunciatititititititititipaff Balsnasm
Gate 5 pip pip pip non-conjunct slightlylookingatamistake.com

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: MortSahlFan on August 27, 2019, 12:54:31 AM
1. John Cassavetes - not my favorite, but most interesting.
2. Vittorio De Sica - I'd ask how he became the greatest director ever? I'm sure being a great actor wasn't all of it, considering he made about 10 masterpieces we all know and love.
3. Orson Welles - I'm not a fan of his movies (besides Citizen Kane), but he was worldly, knew a lot, would have loved to talk to him.
4. John Huston
5. Stanley Kubrick - used to be my favorite, only cracks my Top 30, but I attribute that to finding so many greater directors in the last 20 years.
5. Federico Fellini - Made my 2nd favorite, "La Strada" and I read an interview and he strikes me as someone I'd love to talk with.
6. Robert Altman - "Nashville" is my #3, and he's a true rebel.
7. Ken Loach - we seem to share similar politics. Greatest living director.
8. Ingmar Bergman - it'd be nice to have a deep psychological conversation with him.
9. Paul Mazursky - He made my very favorite, "Harry and Tonto" and I'd be interested talking about that and other social issues, and comedy.
10. Luchino Visconti - He made so many great movies, and smoked 120 cigarettes a day.

Honorable Mention: Marlon Brando, because he did direct the great "One-Eyed Jacks"

Welles would be no.1 on my list as I'm a huge fan of both his films and the man, I'm surprised you only like Kane though, have you seen his take on The Trial? And I love his version of Othello as well...

Other than that, I'd go for:
David Lynch - Predictable perhaps and there'd be no point asking about the meaning behind his films, but I'd love to hear stories from his life.
Sion Sono - Easily one of my favourite directors, I'd want to discover what inspires him to experiment with so many different types of cinema.
Jaco Van Dormael - Someone else I adore, but I'd mainly demand he start making a new film as we speak as he takes so long between movies normally.
Bobcat Goldthwait - Just so I could ask him his views on Seinfled.
Michael Powell & Emeric Pressburger - I need to make this dinner party sexier.
Hal Hartley - So I could persuade him to make a sequel to Amateur.