Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:28:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Computer games you think should be made

Started by Fambo Number Mive, August 28, 2019, 07:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Replies From View

If you want hand puppets in your game then do boglins

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: biggytitbo on August 28, 2019, 12:24:32 PM
My idea for an open world Columbo game is long overdue. Maybe Rockstar could do it in the mold of LA Noire?

They could add a skill element to the driving by blacking out one half of the screen to represent the blind spot caused by his glass eye. Bonus points if you manage to reach the crime scene without running anybody over.

bgmnts

A Columbo telltale game would have been great:

Just one more thing..
                                 Y

... X                                          B My wife loves ya

A
                        [Scratch head]

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

boki

If there isn't already a compendium of Blink-182 based minigames called All The Small Things, there ought to be.

Sod it, let's also have a Leisure Suit Larry type game inspired by Fountains Of Wayne's smash hit Stacey's Mom.  Might as well, world's burning anyway.

Toaster Tycoon.

Micro-managing the production of toast, cleaning and maintaining the toaster, setting the dial just so, etc. You have Sim City style 'crises' in the form of a broken eject button, a dangerous frayed wire, and burnt bits and pieces that need to be dislodged with a butterknife (which you do in an analogue-stick lockpicking minigame). On top of this, you need to keep everyone at the breakfast table happy. They all have different preferences and you have to cook your toast in a specific way to please each one.

samadriel

Quote from: Default to the negative on September 01, 2019, 12:49:05 AM
Toaster Tycoon.

Micro-managing the production of toast, cleaning and maintaining the toaster, setting the dial just so, etc. You have Sim City style 'crises' in the form of a broken eject button, a dangerous frayed wire, and burnt bits and pieces that need to be dislodged with a butterknife (which you do in an analogue-stick lockpicking minigame). On top of this, you need to keep everyone at the breakfast table happy. They all have different preferences and you have to cook your toast in a specific way to please each one.

This sounds surprisingly like a lot of games I've seen ads for while playing phone Sudoku etc.

LanceUppercut

Quote from: Pseudopath on August 28, 2019, 08:14:47 PM
Bit of an obvious one...an open-world Grand Theft Auto-style engine, but based on your own hometown like Monopoly. Perhaps they could figure out a franchise model where the developers send someone a roof-mounted HD camera and laser scanner to map out their town and they get a chunk of the profits of whoever downloads and plays their map.

Nah...probably be a load of shit like The Getaway.

I thought that was a good idea but for an open world racing game that used the street views off Google maps, I'd love to go for a spin round the streets where I live in a Pagani Zonda.

greenman

Quote from: biggytitbo on August 28, 2019, 12:24:32 PM
My idea for an open world Columbo game is long overdue. Maybe Rockstar could do it in the mold of LA Noire?

Development cost can be migrated by simply adding a red bow to the character and marketing it as Mrs Columbo.