Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:38:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Boris Johnson planning to prorogue parliament [split topic]

Started by jobotic, August 28, 2019, 09:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: imitationleather on September 10, 2019, 04:33:46 PM
This stuff that's coming out about Cummings wanting to use Gov.uk to collect data about users.... That would be illegal, right?

Link please.

jobotic

It was illegal when he did it before but nothing happened.

I wa enjoying them collapsing a few days ago but the fact that they do not give one shit scares me.

ajsmith2

I do enjoy in this moment Cummings recent transformation from this Machiavellian only whispered of veiled chess player into an unimpressive looking public figure with a serious sweat on as things don't go to plan.. Can't get too complacent though as he is still an incredibly dangerous and sinister big brain with 5 weeks clear now to formulate new evils, but at least the Wizard of Oz is naked for all who want to see now.

DrGreggles

Quote from: ajsmith2 on September 11, 2019, 08:02:40 AM
I do enjoy in this moment Cummings recent transformation from this Machiavellian only whispered of veiled chess player into an unimpressive looking public figure with a serious sweat on as things don't go to plan.. Can't get too complacent though as he is still an incredibly dangerous and sinister big brain with 5 weeks clear now to formulate new evils, but at least the Wizard of Oz is naked for all who want to see now.

The Emperor's new cunt.

Bently Sheds

Quote from: Cummings Massive Brane
"There really are vast improvements possible in Government that could save hundreds of billions and avoid many disasters. Leaving the EU also requires the destruction of the normal Whitehall/Downing Street system and the development of new methods. A dysfunctional broken system is hardly likely to achieve the most complex UK government project since beating Nazi Germany...".
The voice of Steve Bannon from the mouth of Cummings, there.

Pdine

Quote from: Bently Sheds on September 11, 2019, 09:00:17 AM
The voice of Steve Bannon from the mouth of Cummings, there.

He also seems to ignore that the main problem with UK Government and Civil Service is that it's remained largely unchanged since it successfully defeated Nazi Germany.

Paul Calf

He accidentally put the word 'beating' into that sentence.

danielreal2k

Fambo Number Mive

Tom Newton Dunn tweets

QuoteNigel Farage has told Boris Johnson his price for an election deal - a free run for the Brexit Party in 80-90 seats
* Farage thinks he'd win "40 to 50" of them now
* Also wants WA replaced by 2 year standstill
* 'scoping' conversations have started

Not sure what scoping conversations are - is that the Brexit Party looking at which seats they are most likely to get?

Jumblegraws

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-49661855
Judges rule Parliament suspension is unlawful
Well, shut my mouth. I would have lost a helluva lot of money if I had decided to bet on the Court of Session's judgement. Looking forward to reading the reasoning. See you all at the Supreme Court!

NoSleep

Quote from: Paul Calf on September 11, 2019, 09:27:17 AM
He accidentally put the word 'beating' into that sentence.

He was echoing Barbara Cartland's quote on the EU. From memory it goes something like, "Why are we negotiating with people we've already beaten?"

king_tubby

pigamus

I'm sure questions will be asked in Parliament about this.

Blue Jam

MON SCOTLAND!

Clatty McCutcheon, I'd give that post a shedload of karma if I could.

Cuellar

Is anyone else not seeing tweets on the Guardian's live feed in chrome? I've opened it in 'Edge' (ugh) and they're showing up...

Cloud

Hahaha. I see another large bucket of popcorn is required.

Buelligan

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 11, 2019, 10:34:44 AM
MON SCOTLAND!

Clatty McCutcheon, I'd give that post a shedload of karma if I could.

Absolutely.

It seems Dominic Cummings' demand for access to government data disquiet is gaining traction.  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/sep/10/no-10-request-user-data-government-website-sparks-alarm

Trouble with the government giving assurances at the end there, of course, is that we all know we can't trust a word these liars say.

brat-sampson

The court will accordingly make an order declaring that the prime minister's advice to HM the Queen and the prorogation which followed thereon was unlawful and is thus null and of no effect.

To be challenged in the Supreme Court next Tuesday, but until then... Parliament's Back in Session, baby!

Norton Canes

George Oscar Bluth II

I'm assuming this Scottish court thing is something that sounds exciting and will get everyone in a flap but will ultimately change nothing?

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on September 11, 2019, 10:19:18 AM
Tom Newton Dunn tweets

Not sure what scoping conversations are - is that the Brexit Party looking at which seats they are most likely to get?

So the referendum was called to kill off Nigel Farage, now the Tories are in negotiations to give him a clear run in 90 seats? Wonderful stuff.

brat-sampson

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on September 11, 2019, 10:51:55 AM
I'm assuming this Scottish court thing is something that sounds exciting and will get everyone in a flap but will ultimately change nothing?

the latest ruling is the binding ruling. The court has held that Johnson lied to the Queen in order to obtain prorogation. As such the current shutdown is as of today unlawful and null until any further decision is made on Tuesday. It's bought Parliament a few extra days at least, even if the Supreme Court doesn't uphold it.

George Oscar Bluth II

Dominic Cummings to announce English independence by the end of the day, stop their meddling judges interfering in our laws and with our lying bastard prime ministers.

Cloud

REMOANER BIASED TRAITOR JUDGES ENEMIES OF THE PEOPLE in 3, 2...

George Oscar Bluth II

According to the Guardian:

QuoteHouse of Commons authorities had no immediate response when asked if the Speaker would be able to declare that parliament is back in session, with a spokeswoman saying the ruling was still being looked into.

jobotic

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on September 11, 2019, 10:51:55 AM

So the referendum was called to kill off Nigel Farage, now the Tories are in negotiations to give him a clear run in 90 seats? Wonderful stuff.

But most Tories (maybe) don't really want no deal do they?

Probably more than they want Corbyn I suppose.