Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,405
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 916
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:52:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Velocipastor (2019)

Started by Small Man Big Horse, August 28, 2019, 10:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Small Man Big Horse

A deliberately tongue in cheek monster movie about a priest who is infected by a mysterious stone while in China which causes him to transform in to a dinosaur. It's a ridiculous amount of fun, I only heard about it due to this AV Club article - https://film.avclub.com/how-can-you-not-check-out-a-movie-called-the-velocipast-1837383938 - and I didn't think it could live up to the praise given in that piece but if anything it was even better than I expected it to be, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who loves intentionally silly movies. 7.9/10

bgmnts

Do you think someone came up with the pun and made an entire film just because the pun was too good?

greenman

The kind of thing though where the trailer is normally enough for me.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: bgmnts on August 29, 2019, 09:52:24 AM
Do you think someone came up with the pun and made an entire film just because the pun was too good?

I'm pretty sure that's definitely the case.

Quote from: greenman on August 29, 2019, 11:28:22 AM
The kind of thing though where the trailer is normally enough for me.

Despite having a real fondness for bad movies I can understand where you're coming from, but this is one occasion where the script is genuinely smart and a lot of fun in general, and the film is definitely worth watching. Plus it's only 70 minutes (including credits) so won't take up too much of your time.