Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,582,191
  • Total Topics: 106,728
  • Online Today: 897
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:17:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Musicians Who Have Made A Fortune From Unlikely Songwriting Credits

Started by DrGreggles, August 29, 2019, 12:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yussef Dent

Quote from: Better Midlands on August 29, 2019, 02:52:16 PM
Pure and Simple for Hearsay

Originally written for Girl Thing! Simon Cowell's attempt at a new Spice Girls, a hell of a lot of hype was built around them and they were even pre-recorded "reacting" to getting the number one status on the Radio 1 chart show for their first single, which came in at number 8. The second one didn't make the top 20 and Cowell cancelled the album in the UK.

holyzombiejesus

I wonder if Will Oldham got a life changing amount of money for the Johnny Cash cover of I See A Darkness. With people like Will who seem to sell the same few thousand copies of every album and rely on those sales and touring revenue as their only income, it's hard to know if they're loaded or just getting by.

kalowski

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on October 11, 2021, 12:01:04 PM
I wonder if Will Oldham got a life changing amount of money for the Johnny Cash cover of I See A Darkness. With people like Will who seem to sell the same few thousand copies of every album and rely on those sales and touring revenue as their only income, it's hard to know if they're loaded or just getting by.
I have often wondered that. Does Will Oldham earn enough just to concentrate on writing? Do they Handsome Family own their own houses? I find it hard enough on a very decent monthly wage

Glebe

Original Troggs drummer Ronnie Bond wrote several classic ad jingles, including the Bran Flakes, Cadbury's Flake and, er, Coco Pops tunes. Must have made a mint off them.

jobotic

Not as much as Holland, Dozier & Holland made from

My Kelloggs Honeysmacks
You know that I Love You

Oh, it's my only goal
To get you in my bowl

Kankurette

Quote from: Yussef Dent on October 11, 2021, 10:47:38 AM
Originally written for Girl Thing! Simon Cowell's attempt at a new Spice Girls, a hell of a lot of hype was built around them and they were even pre-recorded "reacting" to getting the number one status on the Radio 1 chart show for their first single, which came in at number 8. The second one didn't make the top 20 and Cowell cancelled the album in the UK.
And their video for Last One Standing was a blatant ripoff of the Wannabe video.