Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:21:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gears 5

Started by madhair60, August 30, 2019, 10:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

looking really really good lads.

Press X to hide behind a wall.

Press RT to move a dot over some 3D models.

madhair60

Quote from: The Boston Crab on August 30, 2019, 11:10:03 AM
Press X to hide behind a wall.

Press RT to move a dot over some 3D models.

It's still the best AAA series for my money and this new one looks like they're making sweeping changes and finally bringing the series somewhere different.

Also couch co-op <3

Blue Jam

How homoerotic is this one?

I've actually never played one of these but it's on Game Pass so I'll give it a go. I'm expecting it will look insane in 4K and all that. Never even played a game like this except Uncharted or something for the cover shooting.

Barry Admin

The story for the last one was gash. I'll likely download it just for Horde, which is the only reason I bought Gears 4. Played the absolute shit out of it, ranking up all the classes and that, doing the hardest difficulties etc. Love Horde to bits. The multiplayer and campaign can get tae fuck.

madhair60

Quote from: Barry Admin on August 30, 2019, 12:00:24 PM
The story for the last one was gash. I'll likely download it just for Horde, which is the only reason I bought Gears 4. Played the absolute shit out of it, ranking up all the classes and that, doing the hardest difficulties etc. Love Horde to bits. The multiplayer and campaign can get tae fuck.

It was awful yeah. I enjoyed it with a mate but the campaign just ended. Barely any high points.

BeardFaceMan

I hated the introduction of mechanical enemies, they just dont suit the series at all. I want to squash bugs, not chainsaw through metal.

madhair60

I think Gears 1-3's campaigns were fucking brilliant, warts and all. The moment-to-moment cover shooting was just so well done.

bgmnts

The first two were really, really fun at times because of the horde and multiplayer - although it could mind numbingly tedious when almost everyone is utilising the numerous exploits and glitches found in the game to win or just be a pain in the arse.

Everything after that was a bit shit.

Barry Admin

First game of Horde there, spoiling all the single player surprises regards monsters and guns, but couldn't care. But underwhelming but I'd forgot all about the classes and the fabricator in Gears 4! And classes are now locked to characters, and apparently you can't have more than one in a team? Sounds odd, but I'm looking forward to hopefully getting into it, and ranking up sniper, engie and scout. Scout was awesome in Gears 4, just running about in ty heat of the action with a double shottie setup, as I recall.

BeardFaceMan

Have they fixed the servers yet? I tried playing for a few hours earlier and managed 2 games of the one were you escape the hive (Escape?) before I was getting repeatedly booted from every game mode I tried.

Barry Admin

Well I just got kicked from my second ago at Horde, only two waves in, so... no.

Just got kicked again while writing this.

BeardFaceMan

Bugger. I did start the campaign, but I've seen some people are having trouble playing that, can't play it with friends or solo. I'm playing this with the Game Pass, I'd be royally pissed off if I forked out for the pre-order.

BeardFaceMan

At least I was getting error codes and stuff earlier, now all I get is a message saying "you were kicked from the game". Very poor.

Barry Admin

I got to wave 16 again, eventually, but it just seemed... boring tbh. Exact same waves as Gears 4, just with reskinned enemies. I'm very into Apex Legends, but will keep dabbling with this to see if it improves as the servers become more stable.

BeardFaceMan

I did manage a few games of versus, but that's always been my least favourite Gears mode. Can't get anything else to work though, I'm on the PC, I don't know if that's making a difference or not. Hopefully it'll be better tomorrow after more people have given up trying and the server load isn't so big.

Thursday

Kind of surprised this hasn't had some huge backlash to having a female main character. How come it's escaped it?

She's probably got massive tits, as it should be.

Looks good this, looks amazing to be honest, but I don't really like shooters so I haven't bothered past the tutorial yet.

Barry Admin

Just had another go at Horde, now stuck on the blue skull screen, another game where I don't earn XP? Cool.

Supposed to be a great campaign, might as well get stuck into that now. Can't believe the servers still don't work or whatever.

BeardFaceMan

Did manage to get to wave 18 of horde with 2 other people yesterday, and then the last enemy glitched it's way under the map and that was that. I've had better luck with Escape this morning but for Microsoft's flagship AAA game, this is all a bit shit, isn't it? They're just lucky it's mainly the pre-order people who they're pissing off as they're the hardcore fans who'll probably stick around anyway. Be very interesting to see the reaction if people still can't play the campaign due to fucky servers on the actual release date.

Thursday

Quote from: The Boston Crab on September 08, 2019, 09:00:42 AM
She's probably got massive tits, as it should be.

Looks good this, looks amazing to be honest, but I don't really like shooters so I haven't bothered past the tutorial yet.

Couldn't be bigger than old Marcus's though

Blue Jam

Christ, this tutorial is interminable.I didn't think they made 'em like this anymore.

Blue Jam

Alright, this is fun. Good to have Bender Marcus back.

BeardFaceMan

Just died on wave 50 of horde with a squad of 5, the servers seem a lot better now.

BeardFaceMan

God, I forgot how much people quitting early was a problem in this game, if you don't run flawlessly first time, people just leave, it's fucking infuriating.

lazarou

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 08, 2019, 11:40:59 PM
Christ, this tutorial is interminable.I didn't think they made 'em like this anymore.

Like a fair few games these days it's doubling as a bit of busywork you can fuss around with while you're waiting for the rest of the game (all 55 gigs of it, fucking hell) to download and install, so it's deliberately dragged out as much as they can get away with. It is a particularly poor example though.

madhair60

Fucking banger this. Comes out swinging. Brilliant campaign so far. Split screen too <3

Uninstalled this after the first proper level. Looks amazing but art style is very generic. Gameplay is something I probably had to be there for first time around.

madhair60