Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:02:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Gears 5

Started by madhair60, August 30, 2019, 10:54:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
All my bros or mates are Switch or PS4. I can see that co-op horde would be fun, pretty intense.

madhair60

I find the Gears series the best shooter campaigns, with pretty consistently brilliant encounter design throughout. I can play them in split-screen with a pal, which is so rare in AAA titles these days that I have to cheer it. Played a bunch of act 2 yesterday, absolute blast of a game.

They tend to get criticised for being much of a muchness, but I'll take something this good however they want to get it to me.

Played Hyrule Warriors after, now that's the same thing over and over again. It's fucking great.

brat-sampson

Well, my campaign save became unplayable on PC after part-way through Act 3. I tried like 5 times over a couple of sessions but between the game hanging, sounds not loading in properly or other game-breaking issues it was basically unplayable. I might watch through the rest on a Youtube channel or something but otherwise, I'm out.

Shame, otherwise it was a good campaign. On the bright side the whole thing was free on GamePass so no major loss.

Blue Jam

Got back into this tonight. GoW 4 was the first Xbone game I played (it came bundled with my console) and I'd forgotten how much fun it was. Love the new enemies- the Rejects are nicely creepy damaged robots, almost like something out of SOMA, and the Swarm fights are a lot of fun. Jack the robot is also a welcome addition, though I wish there had been the option to keep Dave because Dave is just a funnier name for a robot.

It looks great in 4K too!

Blue Jam