Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:57:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Funniest Non-Comedians?

Started by MortSahlFan, August 31, 2019, 12:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schnapple

Mitski
Tierra Whack
Vince Staples
(all current hip music people who are very funny)

Cold Meat Platter

Claudia Winkelman
Louis Theroux
Richard E. Grant
Brian Blessed

MortSahlFan

Quote from: zomgmouse on September 01, 2019, 04:55:59 AM
Danny fackin' DeVito
DeVito is funny, Joe Pesci, too. And the late Rip Torn, who was hilarious on "The Larry Sanders Show"

chveik

Quote from: MortSahlFan on September 03, 2019, 05:02:29 PM
DeVito is funny, Joe Pesci, too. And the late Rip Torn, who was hilarious on "The Larry Sanders Show"

all comedians

Spudgun

I'm going to nominate Kenny Everett with his DJ hat on and leave it up to everyone else to decide whether he qualifies or not.

zomgmouse

alan nagsworth

Quote from: Calistan on September 02, 2019, 07:20:39 PM
Falco

Andy Falkous? If that's who you mean then I agree. His best lyrics are complete nonsense with an oddly evocative Mark E. Smith charm that is batshit funny, and his stage patter is marvellous. He chats about football a lot but it's a lot like Athletico Mince in that it's funny even if you don't follow the sport at all

I bloody love it when I go to a gig and the performers are funny in some way. Matt Korvette, frontman of Pissed Jeans, springs to mind as someone whose stage presence is as captivating, searing and hilarious as his lyrics frequently are. A very attractive man writhing about on a small table tearing his shirt to bits lampooning masculine bravado and roaring like an absolute nutjob. Couldn't take my eyes off the guy when I saw them play, he's a brilliant artist and it baffles me that the band are essentially office workers for a great deal of their every day lives and their band is just like a part time hobby.

phatfill

beanheadmcginty

Bently Sheds

Andy Partridge. Pun and humourous wordplay machine.

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Quote from: grassbath on September 01, 2019, 10:18:04 AM
Ringo Starr

All the Beatles were funny, but Ringo is particularly likeable with it, and very quick. Here he is, drunk and attention-seeking next to George on telly in the 80s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQaqcLPAI_s

I know Ringo is in the deathly throes of alcoholism there, and there's nothing funny about that, but he's definitely the Beatle whose company I would've enjoyed most (just as long as I was drunk too). Even when pissed off his head in a rather embarrassing way, he still managed to come across as funny and likeable.

MortSahlFan

Quote from: chveik on September 03, 2019, 05:20:50 PM
all comedians

I disagree; I would consider them actors.. There are many stand-ups who go into comedy, but none of those guys were stand-ups.

Cuellar

Comedian != standup

Personally I find Perfume Genius's twitter very funny

Hat FM

John Grant is always very funny on stage. Moreso that falco i would say having seen them both on various occasions.

RHX

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on August 31, 2019, 07:59:41 PM
Scarlett Moffat

Not someone I'm a massive fan of on screen, but in person she's genuinely hilarious.

Lizzo is someone else who isn't a comedian but is incredibly funny.

hummingofevil

Kurt Cobain seemed like a genuinely funny guy. Plenty of clips of him fucking about on stage and ruining his songs (out of boredom or just a laugh) and it really came across in interviews.

kngen

Quote from: Schnapple on September 02, 2019, 12:58:52 PM
Vince Staples

He's a funny fucker. Love how uncomfortable he makes the host when he goes off on R Kelly (before the documentary made it open season on him)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulMu23o-xkE

Tony Tarko

Quote from: hummingofevil on September 07, 2019, 03:10:04 AM
Kurt Cobain seemed like a genuinely funny guy. Plenty of clips of him fucking about on stage and ruining his songs (out of boredom or just a laugh) and it really came across in interviews.

This lyric changing from a show in Italy always makes me chuckle:

https://youtu.be/dU99pljAVMA?t=842

(absolutely brilliant show by the way, Kurt's voice was at its peak in late '91)

DrGreggles

hummingofevil

Quote from: Tony Tarko on September 07, 2019, 06:06:53 PM
This lyric changing from a show in Italy always makes me chuckle:

https://youtu.be/dU99pljAVMA?t=842

(absolutely brilliant show by the way, Kurt's voice was at its peak in late '91)

This is a youtube of them just fucking about. Just mega stars fucking about being rightfully bored at the grind; the fact that they giggling at each other just makes it all the more upsetting. The best bit is when he detunes his guitar for Love Buzz solo but it just sounds like a totally ace atonal THING. #modernclassical

I wish I could find more evidence but in The Year That Punk Broke there are bits were the whole lot of them just seem like funny fuckers. Makes the decent into smack and suicide even more depressing. Don't do drugs kids.

One of the things I found most difficult as teacher was not sabotaging lessons and teaching the kids utter shit for a laugh when I was feeling a bit mad/mental/manic; the skill was to ride that high (doing it on a low was quite easy) but the temptation was always there.

hummingofevil

"Diarrhea de Janiero" is a genuinely ace line.

trabuch

Jarvis Cocker. Funny name, funny guy.

phantom_power

Lewis Capaldi seems like a pretty funny bloke, though I could take or leave his music

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: phantom_power on September 09, 2019, 09:26:36 AM
Lewis Capaldi seems like a pretty funny bloke, though I could take or leave his music

His entrance at Glastonbury alone made me like him.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: trabuch on September 08, 2019, 07:16:07 PM
Jarvis Cocker. Funny name, funny guy.

I used to find Jarvis funny and once would have nominated him for the thread, but now he just makes me cringe a fair bit.