Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:50:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Getting married on Saturday

Started by Blinder Data, September 02, 2019, 04:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

Go with the flow. Everyone is there because they reckon you're great so you just need to put in a reasonable effort (turn up at the right time, wear some trousers, etc etc) and everyone else will help out and fill in the blanks (turn you to face the right direction, lend you their shirt etc etc) because they reckon you're great (see above).

You'll be alright. Two glasses of whisky before the main event to help everything move along.

zomgmouse

Eyyyyyyyy congrats Blinder Data!!! You two seem very happy together so glad to hear this is happening now.

Everyone always says take some time out with your wife to 'just enjoy it' or 'to take it all in'.

Inane. What does that even mean?

My advice is take some time out to see your mates because you're NEVER going to see them again until you get divorced.

Cerys

Congratulations, BD!

Quote from: Captain Z on September 02, 2019, 05:01:56 PM
Don't wear white stilettos with your black jeans.

This.  It's grounds for annulment.  The law says so and everything.  In a big book.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Lordofthefiles on September 02, 2019, 04:28:26 PM
Keep taking time out during the day to step back and enjoy it.

It's nerve-wracking but everyone there is on your side.

Be patient, everyone wants a piece of you and the day flys by, so enjoy as much time together with your new missus (or Mr.) as you can, but don't expect to see much of each other or be able to engage in very long conversations together.

Don't drink too much too early.

Such a middle class wedding

Everyone saying oh you must be so nervous and all that.

Idiots.

What's to be nervous about, unless you got the old bag preggers and papa got a shotty?

Oh, no. All my friends and family have come to get pissed and eat some nice food because me and the person I love are gonna be happy. I'm absolutely shitting myself.

Congratulations, Blinder Data!

Konki

Take a shoehorn to help guide in your floppy winkle when you get back to the bridal suite. Either that or don't drink the equivalent of your bodyweight in Guinness and champagne. Trust me on this.

BlodwynPig

In the speech be sure to ask the guests their opinion on Boris' puppy. If majority go doe eyed, sack it all off and go live in woods alone

Cerys

Especially if Boris' puppy in this context refers to BoJo's penis.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Blinder Data on September 02, 2019, 07:57:07 PMWeddings are terribly stressful, thank God I'm only doing it the once

Actually statistically for an English person only getting married once is relatively rare. The Brits love getting married so much they tend to do it at least two or three times.

checkoutgirl

Remember, weddings cost the guests £400 each on average so there's that financial burden you're putting on folk.

SteveDave

Don't have kids. Anyone who says they're a blessing is a simpleton.

king_tubby

Congratulations and well done!

Remember to slip the DJ 50 quid to play Dead Skin Mask by Slayer for the first dance, as opposed to whatever mawkish rubbish your bride/groom has chosen.

MOSH PIT

Beagle 2

Congratulations matey, it will be the best day of your life and your only chance to see what it's like to be famous in a crowded room.

Neville Chamberlain

My wedding was so brilliant even the cake loved it!!!

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Beagle 2 on September 03, 2019, 09:35:57 AM
your only chance to see what it's like to be famous in a crowded room.

I think you've just hit the nail on the head on why weddings annoy me so much.

Cuellar

Pancake

Massive fucking waste of money and you won't remember a second of it within a year. Congrats.

Shit Good Nose

I was incredibly nervous and hated every second of it until the first dance was done.

Mrs Nose hated her dress.

It shit down with rain for a couple of hours (despite the forecast for a dry and warm day) fucking up some of the photos which were mostly set for outside.

Beyond all that, we both absolutely loved the after party and wished we could do that bit all over again.

So my advice is to just grin and bear it through all the official stuff, get all that bollocks out of the way, and then just enjoy the party afterwards.

Also, have plenty of photos taken of the guests and the party - a good tip is to buy a load of cheapo film cameras (if they still do them) and put one on each table and tell everyone to just snap away at whatever they want.  Honestly, the number of people I've heard say "oh, we wished we had some photos of everyone else as well".  We did a second album ourselves of just everyone else and it was nice to look back at something other than yourselves.

Blinder Data

Well I cried like a baby throughout but so did MY WIFE and most of the guests. Almost certainly the best day of my life (so far). The feeling of love and support from everyone there was overwhelming, like your first E. Now I understand why most married people get excited about weddings - it's like your chasing that high again and again.

I'm on my honeymoon and very happy! Love to you all

Beagle 2

Top man, huge congratulations to the two of you.

Captain Z

Boring. Come back when you've been Nandos and then we'll talk.

Congrats BD, belatedly. I hope you manage to keep all the other wives secret from one another.

shiftwork2

imitationleather

Did you take time out to just enjoy it?

Cerys

Konki

Did you remember to pack a shoehorn?

zomgmouse

Where is the honeymoon?

Also I do not recommend getting addicted to weddings

madhair60

Old Nehamkin

Hey, massive congratulations, pal!