Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:43:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Getting married on Saturday

Started by Blinder Data, September 02, 2019, 04:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icehaven

I was going to say make sure the slideshow projection you're having on in the church before the ceremony, and the groom's and best man's speeches are all sorted long before the night before the wedding, so that when a group of your oldest friends who have flown over from another country at great expense, who you rarely see anymore and will barely have a moment to speak to you on the big day itself want to take you and the best man out for a meal, you don't have to grudgingly refuse because you've got to spend the eve of your wedding day doing stuff for it that you could and should have done weeks if not months before.   

But then I noticed your wedding's already happened so I hope you didn't do this and it went well, congrats!

Edit; Just to clarify it wasn't me that did this, I was one of the old friends. 

EOLAN

Quote from: icehaven on September 11, 2019, 05:13:04 PM
I was going to say make sure the slideshow projection you're having on in the church before the ceremony, and the groom's and best man's speeches are all sorted long before the night before the wedding, so that when a group of your oldest friends who have flown over from another country at great expense, who you rarely see anymore and will barely have a moment to speak to you on the big day itself want to take you and the best man out for a meal, you don't have to grudgingly refuse because you've got to spend the eve of your wedding day doing stuff for it that you could and should have done weeks if not months before.   

But then I noticed your wedding's already happened so I hope you didn't do this and it went well, congrats!

Edit; Just to clarify it wasn't me that did this, I was one of the old friends.

Or you could just wing the speech on the day. Maybe more so for the groom than the best man's; but brevity is usually the soul of wit when it comes to the speeches anyway.

Icehaven

Quote from: EOLAN on September 11, 2019, 06:47:03 PM
Or you could just wing the speech on the day. Maybe more so for the groom than the best man's; but brevity is usually the soul of wit when it comes to the speeches anyway.

In the event my mate's Dad waffled on for so long with his Father of the Groom speech ideally no one else would have bothered doing one at all. And he was really softly spoken so most of us couldn't hear a word he said anyway.

Konki

Quote from: EOLAN on September 11, 2019, 06:47:03 PM

God, yes. Speeches are often the most tedious part of a wedding day which is why, whenever I've had to do a best man speech, I make sure it never exceeds the two hour mark. It's not just about me after all. Astonishing how often other people forget that small fact.

My groom speech was 45 minutes and everyone was crying by the end.

Because it went on so long!

Ian Drunken Smurf

Quote from: Blinder Data on September 02, 2019, 04:39:33 PM
Thanks all. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be overwhelmed with it all and cry my fucking eyes out.

Did any of you cry your fucking eyes out at your wedding?

Realised I am very late to this. I blubbed like mad throughout the ceremony.

PlanktonSideburns