Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:57:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Control - Remedy Games

Started by TrenterPercenter, September 02, 2019, 10:03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrenterPercenter

Just got this as was at a loss of what to play and whilst the game play (which is good) is nothing ground breaking the storyline and visuals are really impressive.  Quite Cronenberg (Your gun is alive, like Videodrome alive), Twin Peaks and Shining-esque.  There is a great level of dread created by the games atmosphere (i wouldn't necessarily say scary as of yet).

Very early in the game still but I think some people on here that like those kind of themes might think it is worth a look.

Junglist

I've been hammering this the past few days. Its a wonderful game which really opens up with the powers as you get them. Whacking enemies in the face with chairs and boxes never gets old.

willy crossit

this looks GREAT and i'm gonna buy it. but what are you two playing it on because apparently it runs shite on (standard) ps4

Pdine

Quote from: willy crossit on September 02, 2019, 11:48:47 PM
this looks GREAT and i'm gonna buy it. but what are you two playing it on because apparently it runs shite on (standard) ps4

I've played this on PS4 Pro and in the end gave up and got it on PC. If you use Launch as your primary killing method the resulting physics calculations just seem to slow the Pro to sub-15fps too often, making the game really unresponsive.

bgmnts

The blandness of Quantum Break makes me weary but i'm down to check this out when it's down in price.

willy crossit

Quote from: Pdine on September 03, 2019, 07:31:52 AM
I've played this on PS4 Pro and in the end gave up and got it on PC. If you use Launch as your primary killing method the resulting physics calculations just seem to slow the Pro to sub-15fps too often, making the game really unresponsive.

bollocks. i'll have to wait for a patch then cos my pc is cack

Blue Jam

I quite enjoyed Quantum Break and would like to play a similar kind of game with the flaws ironed out, but not for £49.99. Maybe when this new one also comes to Game Pass...

The camera and the movement look a bit clunky from what I've seen on YouTube, please tell me I'm wrong there.

TrenterPercenter

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 03, 2019, 02:06:37 PM
I quite enjoyed Quantum Break and would like to play a similar kind of game with the flaws ironed out, but not for £49.99. Maybe when this new one also comes to Game Pass...

The camera and the movement look a bit clunky from what I've seen on YouTube, please tell me I'm wrong there.

movement isn't clunky at all it is smooth and quick, but yes wait a bit as I do think this will come down in price reasonably quickly.

The lagging is a pain but hopefully they can patch it (i'm playing on a standard PS4)

Junglist

Quote from: willy crossit on September 02, 2019, 11:48:47 PM

I'm on a PC I spent a ridiculous amount of (loaned) money on. Plays great!

willy crossit

they've patched it. apparently doesn't make much difference

don't care. downloading now. absolutely buzzing

willy crossit

i was loving this but now i'm stuck on a fucking picture puzzle and now i hate it

have to say i haven't noticed too much slowdown on my old ps4, few times when it's all been kicking off but not too bad. i used to happily put up with turok 2/perfect dark 1fps slideshow slowdown though so maybe i'm just desensitised

willy crossit

FINISHED!

Well I really enjoyed that. Spoilers:

story and world-building in this is fantastic. So many games do the thing with documents and recordings lying around and this is the first one in years I've actually gone through and read most of the ones I've found. really liked the use of live action footage as well. So many great touches and even though I thought I was being thorough, reading through other people's comments there's loads of stuff I missed (like the NSC being Northmoor Sacrophagus Container).

ending was a bit of a let down to be honest. Wasn't particularly interested in Dylan and it all felt a touch rushed, especially with all the slide projector/ordinary stuff being built up I was expecting one final big moment towards the end, like going into the desert world.

Some better rewards for the side missions would have been good - wonder if stuff like the fridge/mirror side missions were originally setups to get powers that were taken out.

Also checkpoint system was a pain in the arse at times - quite a few times I died right near the end of a sequence often by fucking dropping off something and had to go all the way back through to get back where I was. Liked the combat more as it went on, the variety of powers helped keep it fresh. Can be repetitive though