Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:27:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

William Gibson's (ropey) Alien 3 script available on Audible...

Started by Shit Good Nose, September 03, 2019, 07:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shit Good Nose

...as a "drama" read by Michael Biehn and Lance Henriksen.

Wasn't sure where to post this, but as it directly links to Gibson's script I figured here was best.

Haven't listened to it myself, but the reviews are fairly mixed.  I guess two blokes basically reading a shooting script is never going to amount to many fireworks.

Being a huge fan of the film as was (and still as is) I read the script when it first popped up online years ago (it's freely available).  I remember it had some interesting ideas and the odd sequence that would have played out quite nicely on the big screen, but was otherwise full of dodgy dialogue (not too dissimilar from Dan O'Bannon's original script for Alien), and too many moments that were little more than rehashes of stuff from the first two films.

Anyway, thought some of you might be interested...

greenman

This is the Hicks/Bishop focused script set on a space station I take it?

Shit Good Nose

From memory it's aliens on two ships (one of them being the Sulaco) in space, with the other ship carrying some military types who want to use the alien as a weapon.

greenman

I remember it being an okish Aliens like action script without much in the way of drama and a bit hard to swallow some of the science with(airborn aliens growing to full size inside people) and feeling more like a setup for a franchise down the road.

Shit Good Nose

I don't remember the airborn stuff at all, but I do remember it felt more like an adaptation of one of Alan Dean Foster's novelizations.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Shit Good Nose

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 03, 2019, 08:31:13 PM
is this the one in the wooden monk moon

No, that was Vincent Ward's version.  Gibson's was more..."in keeping", but considered too derivative of the previous two films.

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on September 03, 2019, 08:44:47 PM
Couldn't be worse than the script they eventually filmed.

I think you'll find it's pronounced "Aliens"'.

idunnosomename

can i have an audio dramatisation of Vincent Wards Alien: Wooden Monk Moon then

Shit Good Nose

Ahhhh, that takes me back...

Don't think I ever saw it in order, and definitely never saw its conclusion (I know that a number of episodes were never shown over here due to not having been dubbed, and I never saw them when they were on 4).  Can't be arsed now, especially having sat through the soul destroying Monkey King films with Donny Yen.