Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:59:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ready or Not (2019)

Started by BritishHobo, September 03, 2019, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishHobo

Saw this last night at Odeon's Scream Unseen, and it was a fucking cracker of a horror, really good fun. Reminded me of Cabin in the Woods a little, more for its confident sense of humour than anything meta-wise. Samara Weaving was great, a proper horror queen, and a lovely cast surrounding her. I just thought it was a great, bloody riot. It's been a long time since I've been in an audience that's laughed that hard, it's a nice feeling.

cliggg

Yeah I saw this on Monday too. I really enjoyed it as did the rest of the audience. It was similar to Adam Wingard's You're Next. My only gripe makes me sound like a moany old git but I felt it was too loud, my ears can't take this stuff in a cinema anymore.

Small Man Big Horse

Eh, it didn't really do it for me. I guess I just was expecting a bit more from it but once the action kicks off around the half hour mark it's fine, okay, decent enough but nothing that special. 6.3/10