Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:57:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nintendo Switch: Thread 2: The Drift

Started by madhair60, September 05, 2019, 11:28:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

are you a Switch Bitch

Yes
48 (60.8%)
No
6 (7.6%)
Raoul Moat
25 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

petercussing

The shrines? You can indeed fuck off and come back to them if don't complete it straight away.

imitationleather

I mean the big great beast things with loads of puzzles in them.

imitationleather

Dewt

Don't take it for granted that they're private spaces, though. They've been using CCTV footage from inside the Great Beasts as evidence in assault cases.

Abnormal Palm

Quote from: MojoJojo on April 22, 2020, 09:11:36 AM
Can we just take a moment to think about how shit the Nintendo eShop is. Google a game, go to game's page. Oh it's the US region page, change to UK region - and it takes you to the front page so you have to search for the game again.

For fucks sake Nintendo. It is the space year 2020.

It is shit but not half as shit as whatever you're doing googling stuff

Just go the shop on the Switch

Kelvin

Quote from: jobotic on April 22, 2020, 09:39:42 AM
Last night I managed to delete everything on BotW and now have to start again. All those shrines and towers! FFS.

And doing them again really doesn't have that much appeal. I hope I haven't fucked this game for myself.

Probably too late now, but do you have the online service? That backs games up to the cloud. Although if it's set to auto upload, you've probably wiped it by starting again. You need to set it to upload only when you request, then get into the habit of manually backing up after you finish playing.

MojoJojo

Quote from: Abnormal Palm on April 22, 2020, 01:36:13 PM
It is shit but not half as shit as whatever you're doing googling stuff

Just go the shop on the Switch

The kids use the switch so purchases need a password. I use a password manager and stupidly long password which is an arse to type on the switch - which I think is a good idea since it's linked to my paypal.

Also, I often buy games when procrastinating while working.

jobotic

Quote from: Kelvin on April 22, 2020, 01:52:43 PM
Probably too late now, but do you have the online service? That backs games up to the cloud. Although if it's set to auto upload, you've probably wiped it by starting again. You need to set it to upload only when you request, then get into the habit of manually backing up after you finish playing.

i haven't done any of that but thank you

Kelvin

Pretty big first party announcement, which also pretty much confirms the major leak from earlier this year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlJpVFQnXlU&t=0s

EDIT: Actually, not technically 1st Party, as it's made by Intelligent Systems.

a peepee tipi

What the fuck, it's not hard, just make a proper gimmick-less Paper Mario 3 ffs

Dewt

Kelvin

Yeah, can't say it does anything for me, either. I don't even like the graphical style; the characters look like stickers, some parts of the world look like paper crafts, other sections look like crude 3D models, it's just a mush of different, vaguely related aesthetics. Even with gimmicks like the rotating combat arenas and stretchy arms, it all just looks very bland somehow. Lots of empty space, generic environments, identical characters. As with games like Mario Tennis and Mario Party, it's just become an "also ran" series for Nintendo; something they have a lesser developer knock out every few years to fill a gap in the schedules.     

Bazooka

I completed Sticker Star, yes I'm sick in the head.

Timothy

Looks great. Art style is quite beautiful. Absolutely disagree that it looks generic or bland. I love the Paper Mario games. Just preordered and cant wait to play it.

petercussing

Yeah, is you mad bludz, that look fucking amazing. Thousand Year Door is one of my all time favs and i get that vibe from it. 6 days before my birthday too, and Deadly Prem 2 is out that month.

madhair60

I'm the one who loved the esoteric adventure/puzzle direction of Sticker Star and Colour Splash, so I'm looking forward to this.

I do wish they'd remaster The Thousand-Year Door though, just to shut people the fuck up.

Pink Gregory

Or you can get a physical copy for...£107.

petercussing

Holy shit, £107? Really? I've got that still. Edit-just looked and there's tons of them, why are people paying so much?

I'd love a remake on the switch even though i could play it whenevs. It'd look great on that small screen.

I liked Sticker star too, so i guess i'm geared to like this new one.

jobotic

Quite enjoying Zelda have started again. I only play for a couple of hours a week. Wondered off in different directions this time.

I'm shit at gaming though, can't kill anything.

petercussing

Yeah, you do really need to work out the tactics for the rucks. If you're not using your sheild or the arrows properly and stuff you can get your arse kicked with ease if you rush in to groups of dudes.

Glad you're liking it as it's still creaming my mind up with delight. I'm getting quite far now, but it still feels like there's so much i haven't touched. I'm pretty hard in it now too.

One for the thread about NPC's i do find it hard to kill any animal and feel really bad if i have to kill a wolf to make them fuck off. I don't even like just picking up the crabs and lizards cos it seems cruel. Also i still find te way those golbin guys scream when they die quite harrowing. I r Ponce. 

Quote from: petercussing on May 15, 2020, 02:15:51 PM
Glad you're liking it as it's still creaming my mind up with delight. I'm getting quite far now, but it still feels like there's so much i haven't touched. I'm pretty hard in it now too. 

a peepee tipi

Quote from: madhair60 on May 15, 2020, 01:08:42 PM
I'm the one who loved the esoteric adventure/puzzle direction of Sticker Star and Colour Splash, so I'm looking forward to this.

I do wish they'd remaster The Thousand-Year Door though, just to shut people the fuck up.
Speaking honestly, I think the ring system could be interesting, the other Mario RPGs always do fun stuff. But Paper Mario feels weird when it's not  an RPG, even after all this time. That's the rub, do everything else by all means, I don't mind the adventure stuff as it's always been a cool aesthetic to do cool video game shit with. Just let me level up and have something more than a half-assed version of badges. No better a case of just fucking do the thing

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on March 26, 2020, 04:02:34 PM
Mr Driller Drill Land is coming in June. Best game on the GameCube, finally in English.

This came out yesterday. Thankfully it seems they haven't changed anything, just translated it.

It's amazing how easily you can pick up a game and remember skills and things when you haven't played it for 15+ years.

Yes, it's a superb port. The graphics have scaled up beautifully and the English text/Japanese voices combo is exactly what I was hoping for.

The one thing that's really thrown me is Hole of Druaga. In the original I had absolutely no idea what any of the gems did, so I got through it using trial and error/spamming. With everything translated, I'm finding I'm overthinking it so I'm actually doing worse than when I was blundering through.

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on June 26, 2020, 11:00:40 AM
Yes, it's a superb port. The graphics have scaled up beautifully and the English text/Japanese voices combo is exactly what I was hoping for.

The one thing that's really thrown me is Hole of Druaga. In the original I had absolutely no idea what any of the gems did, so I got through it using trial and error/spamming. With everything translated, I'm finding I'm overthinking it so I'm actually doing worse than when I was blundering through.

Same here! I spent an hour trying to beat just level 1 of the Hole of Druaga. I still don't know what I'm meant to do when I get to the floaty chap at the end.

Druaga glows red, green, blue or yellow. The key to hurting him is to drill blocks that are the same colour as him as he passes over or, to make it easier, activate a gem that takes out the colour that he currently is. You can also change the colour of Druaga using the colour change gems. If you've got enough gems he's actually pretty easy.

Ah ha! I can't remember if that's something I knew when I played this in the old days and have forgotten, or was always baffled.

Famous Mortimer

"What The Golf?" has just been released, and it's a lot of fun.

buntyman

Came out about a month ago I think. Its almost impossible to play with a drifting joycon though - I couldn't aim with full power in certain directions. It was the last straw in forcing me to take it apart, consequently break it and then buy another one at great expense.